Takeover parts 1 & 2

SFF

What if the Comers pull out, nobody comes in and Doug who still owns us says 'Not for sale anymore'?

I take it this Rothschilds are like an estate agents? You can always tell an estate agents that you don't want to sell anymore.

I would imagine that Rothschilds would demand a fee for their services up to that point. Their fee would usually come as a percentage of the sale but if Doug were to pull the plug he would have to dip into the coffers and cough up a considerable amount..... and we all know he doesn't like wasting money, and in this case it would be money for nothing.

Would I be right in thinking this?

Anyway, along with a few others, I feel Doug may have been removed from the loop.

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is the risk to Doug? He could change his mind and back down? I am still viewing this from a negative viewpoint. Rothschilds best interest is to serve the interests of their client, ie Doug, while making money out of the sale. No sale and no money. But for Ellis this is a 'put up or shut up' statement. I doubt he is the sort of person to back down on a price as we have witnessed over the years with transfers.

I agree with JG on this one Ali, I totally understand your secptism but why would Ellis issue the statement which everyone agrees is a for sale sign and thus allow massive speculation on his future, that is most certainly NOT the Ellis way.

I have said time and time again that Ellis has not denied for a year now that he would not sell, there has been no rebust NO's no drag me out in a box comments.

this is yet further confirmaation of this and whilst it may take some more time the message is clear.

I think you'll find it's my £100m euro lottery win!

I agree with others that say it's the end zone for Ellis. To go public with a statement that says the club are activiely seeking a new owner, paying one of the biggest Merchant Banks in the world to sort this out, mixed with Ellis' reputation throughout the game for wanting to have his say in ALL things at the club yet relinquishing his total say in this search for a new buyer says that this time he really does know that his time, especailly at the club, is up.

Just a thought though, can it be Petchey who has forced £lies hand? Has he got fed up of waiting to cash in on his investment and has now started to apply what pressure he can?

I think there could very much be something is this. Doug has ruled on the gace of others, but this is becoming more and more clear that his time are over.

but if Doug were to pull the plug he would have to dip into the coffers and cough up a considerable amount..... and we all know he doesn't like wasting money, and in this case it would be money for nothing

Not his money though Jim it would be the clubs money.

Was that also how we financed paying NTL to buy their share holding back? If so, who holds and votes these shares now?

I'm more than a little concerned that if the consortium does not give him what he wants he will string this out for a reasonable period to show there is no alternative to him (as his inflated asking price at least) and then pay Rothschild off with next season's transfer budget.

Come on Mr Neville let's be hearing from you in the press on Sunday.

Was that also how we financed paying NTL to buy their share holding back? If so, who holds and votes these shares now?

I think it was 'share options' they had...... meaning NEW shares would have been created thus diluting Dougs percentage ownership, hence the club buying them back.

it was a bizzare plan by NTL in the first place though, company was run by a bunch of idiots

whoever dreamed up " I know lets buy 9.9% in lots of PL footballclubs and we'll control the TV rights" should really have been shot

And now they are owned by Teleworst *mindboggled*