Takeover parts 1 & 2

SFF

Wurzel, there is no rumour or anything but it is well known that before the Comer's were even on the scene that other people were interested in the club and it seems to me and others that maybe ellis is holding out for someone else who might either a) get him a better deal in money or B) somehow keep him in power.

There is, you and others are commenting on it.

lee your last pont belongs in nother thread but what is outr average position under Ellis in the PL is it 8th ?

That is a massive underperformance for a club who can attract 35,000 + averages when we don't do that well and that is all down to Ellis and above all that is the one and ONLY reason he should go, the pother reasons are jut fluff compared to that one.

It is an underperformance considering the positions that we have been in, but this has been characteristic of Villa's Post War history - not just the Ellis Years. The 35000 averages - I remember the 22000 averages and - please correct me if I'm wrong, the Championship winning Team average is not as high as that.

When he has gone I sincerely hop that we fill the ground every week - are in Europe every year and have funds available to support the manager. But it is not all balck and white, and the next few years could be very interesting.

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lee_AV wrote:
spoke to Robo, in the flesh yesterday reagrding the takeover - so no shrug of the shoulders attitude there , and he mentioned something to me, that if proved true would show that Ellis is a knob. But until the Comers or Neville come out and state that the reason that the deal broke down, was due to the Ellis' intransigence, then I will reserve judgement and not come on here to have a pop at Ellis, because the Mrs has burnt the Toast.

Why not? This is a forum, an informal chat if you like, where rumours are the order of the day. Please spill the beans, as this story is rapidly becoming the most boring in our history! It needs some gossip to liven it up. :lol:

PM Ianrobo1 - it's his swoop not mine.

As for opnions, I agree - but look at some of the posts in this and other threads which are largely based on subjecture on a situation that we know vwery little about at the moment and based on hatred of the Octegenarian.

Agree totally Lee_AV, what you say is right, I find it really sad that I have lost most of my interest in AVFC. I would love the takeover, but dont expect it, so I do have a "such is life" attitude. I enjoy it when we win, and dislike it when we lose, but I am no longer in seventh heaven when we win, and kicking the cat when we lose. I'm resigned to mediocrity until Ellis dies, which due to the lifespan of humans cannot be that long.

He may not have to die for us to be rid - sit tight.

lee your last pont belongs in nother thread but what is outr average position under Ellis in the PL is it 8th ?

a friend of mine was telling me that our average finish in the prem is 6th...

he was shocked..

I think this a confusion of facts, our average league finish in the prem is around 8th, but I'm sure we have the 6th highest points total in the premier league though (based on total points accumulated over the lifespan of the league).

december, a few weeks without a word and michael neville releases a statement saying the takeover will go through before newyear.

1 week after that statement were told that "avil" has been setup to push the takeover through.

AVIL was set up 1st November 2005. The press statment was just a re-hash of something 8 weeks old, just so that there was some news to put out. Why would you do that? Because there is no real progress to report.

Nothing is happening. Due diligence is a smoke screen that can last as long as it useful to you. No bid has been made. Nothing is happening.

it seems to me and others that maybe ellis is holding out for someone else who might either a) get him a better deal in money or B) somehow keep him in power.

Ian, if (B) was the case why did he not try to attract the Russian who has joined Portsmouth to pump some money into the club and allowed their chairman to stay. If it was (a) why would he have gone so far as he has if the money was not what he had wanted? Of course, it may be that the Russian was unwilling to work with our chairman (might he have been part of the Russian consortium that were looking at us?) and that our chairman is trying to string this out until the transfer window closes.

I think he probably wants both A & B and even then he would be reluctant. Has he reached the point where his mind is not capable of making a final decision or was that point reached some years ago?

The deal is still in place, he just has to say yes and sign the agreement that he could have signed weeks ago. :bang:

Because if he sold a percentage of HIS shares to the Russian he would therefore be relinquishing a proportion of his power.

Dougs holding is worth only about £20m, if he sold half Petchey and the Russian would each have more power than him.

A new share issue ala Spurs would be a better option but again he would be diluting his own shareholding.

Remember what GT said 'For Doug and by Doug'

it seems to me and others that maybe ellis is holding out for someone else who might either a) get him a better deal in money or B) somehow keep him in power.

It seems to me and others that maybe ellis isnt holding out for anything and aint interested in selling cos a) he doesnt need the money and B) is only interested in keeping his hobby going.

so why not just kill the deal, why allow all the speculation if he just wanted to sty and before you say AGM and transfer window remember in the previous years he did not give a **** !!

So wouldn't that indicate that there is something happening?

Why, because it has taken so long is this all down to Ellis. Why do we hanker onto every slip from the so-called takeover. Why are we believing so much subjecture, when nothing is clear at the moment and negotiations are ongoing. Why do we blame Ellis for not talking to a Russian that he may have never met, had any intention of meeting or said Russian already decided where he wanted to put his dough?

All this is the next episode of SOAP!

thats the point Lee, if nothing was happening then I think it would clear o the question is what is Ellis asking/waiting for that is delaying it ?

Who knows Ian, we have to be a little more patient - but I'm not gonna blame him for the collapse yet , if it really is not all down to him at the end of the day.

In all honesty I think Doug does actually want to sell. He does not want to sell to Neville/Comers. He wants to sell to a 'football person'.

It suits his ends to have Neville running around whilst he seeks an alternative as it doesn't make him look desperate or willing to take the first and lowest offer.

I can't stand the man and I want him out of our club BUT for once he may actually be doing the right thing........ just too slowly!

He does not want to sell to Neville/Comers. He wants to sell to a 'football person'.

But, Denis are there any "football persons" who would have the money to pay him what he wants for his shares and that would also want to buy our club? Ray Ranson was a football person, but it seems the money now on offer and the status he will enjoy at the club after any deal has more impact on whether a deal happens than whether the person with the money has ever kicked a football.

In the "Sunday Mercury" today, "one source close to the takeover" confirmed to Graham Hill that the deal, "was in good shape". He added that despite reports suggesting that the scheme was close to collapse, growing fears for the future of the bid and the chairman's concerns that financial assurances had not been met, it is understood that the consortium have not pulled out of the proposed takeover despite the amount of time it is taking to make real progress.

It's good news that they are still willing to try to do a deal with a man who is so difficult to deal with, "despite the amount of time it is taking to make real progress" and does that suggest to anyone that they are the ones who are delaying things rather than you know who?

He does not want to sell to Neville/Comers. He wants to sell to a 'football person'.

But, Denis are there any "football persons" who would have the money to pay him what he wants for his shares and that would also want to buy our club? Ray Ranson was a football person, but it seems the money now on offer and the status he will enjoy at the club after any deal has more impact on whether a deal happens than whether the person with the money has ever kicked a football.

Didn't say there were 'football persons' with money I said he wanted to sell to this sort of person. Don't forget 'By Doug for Doug' therefore Ranson didn;t offer enough. He wants to choose price and who he sells it to.

Nice to hear the Comers are still going for it but the problem lies with Ellis not wanting to sell to them.