PL: Portsmouth a Travel & Social

limpid

This thread is to discuss travel to the game.

Please use this thread to arrange meetings. If there is a Rough Guide for this team, please remember to post some updates if you have any.

• 3 weeks later...

Was going to hop onto the train for this one. Does anybody know which is the best station to go to? Im assuming Fratton (FTN)?

Also, more importantly, where has the "Villatalk Rough guide to" section of this website gone??

Also, more importantly, where has the "Villatalk Rough guide to" section of this website gone??

No-one had provided an update in months, so it was obviously of no use.. It's been a week or so and you're the first to mention it.

Was going to hop onto the train for this one. Does anybody know which is the best station to go to? Im assuming Fratton (FTN)?

yes mate its fratton, leave platform over bridge turn left there is a pub called the sheperds crook about 10 min walk from station ,3 min walk from away end

:):)

Just been trying to find a train back after the game. Seems that the best option for getting back to Longbridge (via Birmingham int and New Street) takes more 5 hours and involves six changes. It's going to be the only way I think as can't stay an extra night as got to be in hospital the next morning.

If anyone's driving back to Birmingham after the game and has space in the car (only on the way back, I'll be in Portsmouth already) let me know and I'll happily contribute towards petrol.