You, the manager.....

JuanPabloAngel

Yak or Beat?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Yak or Beat?

• Beattie
    • Yakubu

i'd go for the YAK, as he'd be a better partner for JPA. For me, Beattie is OK, but weould be a replacement for JPA, not his partner. For the record however, I think Dazz Vass and Charlton Cole are just as good as the pair of 'em, although Beattie does have an excellent Premiership scoring record. Beattie would work well with Dazz Vass and Cole.

Can't think we could afford either of 'em though TBH :shock:

If we actually have this money and its noyt being spend on a nice spread at the AGM, then it has to be Beattie. He's proven at this level and has been scoring 15+ goals at this level for the last three years. For all Yakubu's talents, he is a rawer player, further from being a finished product. For £6 million, you need a guaranteed return

Neither as for that much money we have a different requirement. Unless JPA is going to be out longer than we heard originally. Would rather look at a creative midfielder as CC/ DV / MA / LM are sufficient to cover for a week or two.

IF this is one of those you must make a vote type things it would be Yakubu as I reckon Beattie has been found out and is on the way down

have £6 million to spend, which striker do you buy?

Shouldn't this be off topic, cos manager, spend and £6m rarely work together in the same sentence with Villa :oops:

Where as "at least £2m below xxxx's valuation of Xxxxxxx" is a little more common.

lest we forget "in the shirt on the pitch".

Anyway, voted for yakabu.

I`d go for Beattie myself, he is the best goalscorer outside of the top 4 clubs. (Apart from Poppins)

JPA you got the answer JPA t othat and said the real JPA hasn't scored over seasons yet he has, except for the GT Mk2 debacle.

Also on the above point I would rather .... come on fingers work..... you know you can ...... ForSale than Beattie as he is a better scorer than Beattie as is JFH and probably Veruca as well not looking too good IMO that bit is it?

The real question here is: Who is a better partner for Angel?

We don't want another "proven" Premier League striker if he can't work with Angel. We need one that compliments him, not a "different option" up front. IMO that means the kind of striker that has pace to burn over a target man.

So the likes of Yakubu, Baros, Wiltord, Anelka, Keane, Vassell and even the Moores are better prospects than JFH, Viduka, Beattie, Phillips and Allback - as good as they all are.

Out of all those we have Wiltord available on a free. Seems the best choice for a new striker, for mine.

Gotta agree with you 100% OzVilla.

No knock on Beattie, but I'd rather take Wiltord on a free (the absence of a transfer fee would cancel of his wages for the duration of his contract), this would add class to the striker force and get someone in who can play with JPA (and cover for Nol if he is injured).

If we sign Beattie, I'll hope he bangs them in, but I don't think another '9' is our key concern at the moment.