The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

6 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

"I'll take the 40yr old, please". 

Normal service has been resumed. 

And make him come up to the weight I am undisputed champion in, just in case like

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Like 1

In 2015 the 82nd Airborne Division hosted an All  Paratroopers boxing contest against the British paratroopers. Britain sent 3 Para.

That's one entire US division v one British battalion .

3 Para wiped the floor with them in the ring . The rest of the battalion in the stands wiped the floor (vocally) with the their American counterparts too.

On 25/05/2022 at 11:55, Brumerican said:

In 2015 the 82nd Airborne Division hosted an All  Paratroopers boxing contest against the British paratroopers. Britain sent 3 Para.

That's one entire US division v one British battalion .

3 Para wiped the floor with them in the ring . The rest of the battalion in the stands wiped the floor (vocally) with the their American counterparts too.

3 3 3 Para 3 3 3 Para 😀

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

Tank Davis tonight, could be a slug fest as there seems a bit of needle 

Tank all day for me. Rolly ain't got the skills to win this one. I suppose there's always the punchers chance. No doubting Rolly can punch. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Tank all day for me. Rolly ain't got the skills to win this one. I suppose there's always the punchers chance. No doubting Rolly can punch. 

His power makes it interesting 

1 hour ago, sheepyvillian said:

What about Tank's power? The amount of times he's pulled it out the bag with a big punch. 

Never in doubt but if it goes macho , which I think it will you never know, unlikely yes, possible,, you bet 

Davis doing his thing yet again. That kind of explosive power is scary. You could sense it coming. I thought the ref made a very good decision there. Probably saved Romero from getting seriously hurt. 

First time Romero really came out of his shell he gets nailed, freaky power. Agree ref got it bang on 

Garcia next?

Edited by Follyfoot

7 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

Folly, some of the nuggets on here. You have to laugh. 

Me being one of them with that prediction 🤣

Both were fairly controlled with few punches landed, finish apart 

46 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Me being one of them with that prediction 🤣

Both were fairly controlled with few punches landed, finish apart 

No, I was referring to others from a different thread. I just needed to blow some steam off. Go and check the Euro, final thread. 

I would never refer to you in such a way. 

As for the fight. It was a bit strange in that there wasn't much action but you couldn't blink in anticipation that at any moment something was going to happen. Davis has that freaky power and like I said, the referee got that stoppage spot on. Rolly didn't even complain.

36 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

No, I was referring to others from a different thread. I just needed to blow some steam off. Go and check the Euro, final thread. 

I would never refer to you in such a way. 

As for the fight. It was a bit strange in that there wasn't much action but you couldn't blink in anticipation that at any moment something was going to happen. Davis has that freaky power and like I said, the referee got that stoppage spot on. Rolly didn't even complain.

No problem no offence taken, was more a bit of self deprecating  humour on my part 👍

Your right, he hurts Garcia the same. CBS have some great angles of the KO in slow motion

I think he knocks Garcia out too. If Luke Campell can drip Garcia then I dread to think what Davis will do.

Yeah but garcia has been in there with bigger hitters like spence

Edited by Demitri_C

Â