The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

I hope Floyd Manny never happens now. It's way past it's sell by date, it would have been one of the greatest fights ever between 2008 and 2010.  It wouldn't surprise me if Floyd ducks Khan either. He will probably agree to a fight but only if it's on a date which means Khan cant take it due to Ramadan. 

On a domestic level, thoughts on Quigg vs Frampton?  It's looking like a lot of people want it to happen.  Quigg looked good last night against what turned out to be mediocre opposition.  Maybe it happens next summer if Frampton wins his mandatory defense? 

Edited by The_Rev

Dr P, is spot on. Khan would beat mayweather. Mayweather couldn't knock skin off a rice pudding, so he isnt gonna test that glass chin of khan's. His relentless non stop style will trouble mayweather. Hope the fight never happens. Id hate khan to be the first man to beat him because he is a tool and also because he doesnt deserve to fight Floyd right now.

Although it was a one sided bore fest, it was the first time ive ever seen floyd get hit so easily. Father time has finally caught up with him sadly. His options should be an easy fight against garcia (like dr p says, his style is perfect for floyd) or go out in style and finally find his balls to fight pacman. I really think floyd is scared of pacman so I dont think it will ever happen.

In terms of upcoming fights george groves fights next week at Wembley although I read his opponent shouldn't prove much of a test, pauk smith fights arthur Abraham for a world title. Cant wait to see smith put flat on his arse again. Hearing bellew v cleverly in November. Hopefully cleverly beats him again. BJS v eubank jnr is rumoured to be on the undercard of fury v chisora which would be incredible if true although doubt it will happen. Pacman has a walk in the park fight next week. The one im excited for the most is hopkins v kolovev. Respect to hopkins for taking this fight.

I still just think that Khan comes in throws four punches then steps back, mind you saying that I may be being harsh on him because I know that he looked pretty good in his last few fights.

Joshua is just starting on SSN3 now I didn't see him last night, I'm guessing it was a walk over again though

I keep hearing about this Jerome Wilson who was seriously injured the other week, he's still in a coma apparently, did anyone see the fight was it on telly?

I've been watching the stuff on boxnation tonight, its not been too bad considering its just the low level domestic stuff, there is a kid in the ring at the moment who desperately needs to be KTFO, he isn't boxing he is just dancing around the ring like a knob, Romeo Romaeo his name is

Eubank Jr vs Billy Joe Saunders is confirmed for the Fury - Chisora undercard - finally a test for Eubank Jr, I must admit I'm looking forward to that one.

Fury and Chisora should be the undercard and Eubank Jr vs BJS should be the main event got it the wrong way round

Edited by AshVilla

Eubank Jr vs Billy Joe Saunders is confirmed for the Fury - Chisora undercard - finally a test for Eubank Jr, I must admit I'm looking forward to that one.

Fury and Chisora should be the undercard and Eubank Jr vs BJS should be the main event got it the wrong way round

it wouldn't surprise me if the fight doesn't go ahead on the undercard, one of them could well get 'injured' have the fight postponed and then re-arranged as a main event making both fighters a few quid more, and then there is the bonus of the extra tickets sold on the back of it for the Fury v Chisora fight

Groves looked a little sloppy out there, clear win against a non-puncher but I think he should take a long rest to really allow himself to recover, he took this fight quickly after a devastating KO and he did look somewhat affected by it. He needs a good 9 months rest before stepping with someone like Anthony Dirrell. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

Is it worth watching? I got my dad to record it so I could watch it tomorrow, I thought they would have hand picked someone for him to knock out quite easily to be honest.

Thing with Groves is that he believes he is better than he actually is, I quite like him but sometimes when I listen to him talking he sounds border line delusional, and listening to him talking about Froch and DeGale is pretty annoying as well, he keeps saying that DeGale doesn't deserve a shot at Froch when his own pro record wasn't exactly filled with huge names and he had to basically talk his way into the fight

Groves looked a little sloppy out there, clear win against a non-puncher but I think he should take a long rest to really allow himself to recover, he took this fight quickly after a devastating KO and he did look somewhat affected by it. He needs a good 9 months rest before stepping with someone like Anthony Dirrell.

Really dont rate anthony dirrell at all. Dont see any reason why groves cant beat him. Abraham is one dimensional and as never looked the same since Froch gave him a one sided beating.

Direll is tough, physically strong, has good boxing skills and most of all has good punching power, the downside is he's a little low volume and fights in spots. Groves can beat him but it won't be easy. I don't like the style Groves showed last night, his volume was far too high meaning he was wasteful and far less accurate than he usually is. I'd like him to go back to his Adam Booth style, use his legs a lot, focus most of his punches on his jab, and use that jab to set up the right hand.  

Â