RESERVES : 09/10 stats/results thread (MU win 3-2 on pens)

BOF

It's 1 leg and it's May 5th. It'll either be in Old Trafford or Anfield. Tomorrow night's match between those 2 will go a long way toward answering that question. Liverpool need to avoid defeat to have any chance of catching back up with their games in hand. The wiki page is bang up to date.

Kevin MacDonald has done a great job again. Future Villa manager possibly? How old is he, I don't know much about him (other than he's been around for years).

Highlights are up now on the OS.

MacDonald was a Liverpool player at some point, he was made reserve team manager by John Gregory, he was a youth coach before that, he was assistant manager of the Republic of Ireland under Staunton.

I'm not sure who brought him to the club, but I am sure that he is an exceptional coach of young footballers and we're very lucky to have him.

Young defender Charlie Ward is out for a year, he will undergo knee surgery in a few weeks don't know the precise injury

Jason Lampkin damaged his cruciate, meniscus and cartilage and will be out for around the same period

It's becoming abundantly clear who our opponents will be ...

[table color=#bccde9:247864e4e0][row][mcol]13/04[mcol]Manchester United[mcol]1-0[mcol]Liverpool[row][mcol][col]goal.gif 44' Gabriel Obertan[col][col][row][/table]

[table color=#bccde9:f502b04eb4][row][mcol]15/04[mcol]ASTON VILLA[mcol]2-0[mcol]Stoke City[row][mcol][col]goal.gif 9' Dominik Hofbauer

goal.gif 69' Dominik Hofbauer

[col][col][row][row][mcol][mcol]Fulham[mcol]1-0[mcol]Portsmouth[row][mcol][col]goal.gif 65' Marcello Trotta

[col][col][row][/table]

A quite unbelievable result tonight in the Northern section.

[table color=#bccde9:02ad4dbb39][row][mcol]16/04[mcol]Burnley[mcol]3-1[mcol]Liverpool[row][mcol][col]goal.gif 6' Alex MacDonald

goal.gif 8' Frederic Nimani

goal.gif 40' Frederic Nimani

[col][col]

goal.gif 20' Nikola Saric

[row][/table]

This means it's all but done and dusted. A single point for Man Utd in their remaining 2 games or a single dropped point from Liverpool in their remaining 3 games and it will be a trip to Old Trafford on the 5th of May for Villa. EVEN IF Liverpool win all 3 and United lose both of theirs it requires a 17 goal swing in the goal difference.

Pack yer prawn sandwiches lads :P

2 of the five remaining southern games are playing tonight.

Pompey v Arsenal

Stoke v Fulham

I'll check the North schedule when I get home. It's possible that any game involving Man Utd or Liverpool will verify out opponents in the playoff.

Mathematically Liverpool can still do it if United take 2 heavy defeats and Liverpool have 3 heavy wins. In all likelyhood we will be playing United - but technically and mathematically it is not confirmed yet.

[table color=#bccde9:83326fb5d5][row][mcol]19/04[mcol]Portsmouth[mcol]0-3[mcol]Arsenal[row][mcol][col]

[col][col]goal.gif 17' Chuks Aneke

goal.gif 42' Nacer Barazite

goal.gif 83' Jernade Meade

[row][row][mcol][mcol]Stoke City[mcol]1-3[mcol]Fulham[row][mcol][col]

goal.gif 40' Louis Moult

[col][col]goal.gif 4' Keanu Marsh Brown

goal.gif 30' Michael Uwezu

goal.gif 57' Christopher Buchtmann[/table]

Goal-machine Moult makes it 7 for the season playing for the utterly shite Stoke reserves. This kid must have something about him.

VILLA FACE MANCHESTER UNITED IN RESERVE PLAY-OFF.

[table color=#bccde9:3ea3800cf0][row][mcol]20/04[mcol]Liverpool[mcol]0-1[mcol]Everton[row][mcol][col][col][col]goal.gif 90' Jose Baxter[row][/table]

[table color=#bccde9:f4f0d4edb1][row][mcol]19/04[mcol]Portsmouth[mcol]0-3[mcol]Arsenal[row][mcol][col]

[col][col]goal.gif 17' Chuks Aneke

goal.gif 42' Nacer Barazite

goal.gif 83' Jernade Meade

[row][row][mcol][mcol]Stoke City[mcol]1-3[mcol]Fulham[row][mcol][col]

goal.gif 40' Louis Moult

[col][col]goal.gif 4' Keanu Marsh Brown

goal.gif 30' Michael Uwezu

goal.gif 57' Christopher Buchtmann[/table]

Goal-machine Moult makes it 7 for the season playing for the utterly shite Stoke reserves. This kid must have something about him.

I thought they had a decent side with players like Danny Pugh, Higginbotham etc?