'In the know' thread - Summer '09

BOF

OK peeps, due to popular demand we see the return of the 'ITK' thread where people who know people who know stuff can contact us and share the titbits with everyone else. We'll also ruthlessly be grabbing ITK-type posts from everywhere else on the site (as we spot them). Should provide a good laugh throughout what promises to be one of Villa's most active transfer windows in a long time.

Back in April

My Source :

Warnock

Hangeland

Downing

Sturridge

Scheneider but that aint going to happen without Champions League

Delph on radar but Stoke's scout Andy Blair who rates him big time says the word is he is Fulham bound if he moves next season .

Lerner wants a big name top level player but knows without Champions League going to be very difficult !

Defour fits the bill as a replacement but the Standard Liege president is a bit of a nutter who doesn't really need the money.

ridiculous but ill post it anyway.....My mate (leeds fan) has a friend who's a Leeds ITK, he says Fabian Delph to us is a done deal with Delfonso going the other way on loan...... get me in the ITK thread, i have arrived, much more credible than my normal ITK stuff where i dream ive met MON and he tells me our signings.

I've just heard that Bentley & Huddlestone could be wrapped up by the end of next week (12/06/09). I trust my source 100%

X

In reply to ITK thread about the fonz I also have a mate who's adamant the fonz is off to leeds on loan tommorrow. Im not so sure as I remember MON not letting him go to palace in Jan

X

according to a source, Owen should sign this week. Carew will be gone in July before pre-season, MON wants Heskey - Owen as main strikers. I am still being told Nigel Rio Joker will sign for Small Heath as they will not sign Bowyer due to his wage demands, NRC wants to play 1st team football (he said) but Barry wanted Champions league till big £ were promised

X

As for Delph (Sorry for going OT), heard nothing new. I'm very good mates with a first team player at Leeds and he hasn't told me anything. No news = good news? Last he told me was we weren't willing to match the fee.

In a series of posts avfc89 has stuck his head up over the parapit with these claims in reference to Michael Owen;

Welcome Michael!!!!

X

All I can say is keep an eye on the official site, prepare the f5 button

X

Just watch the website this week

X

I'm a villa fan down in brighton - I've been following this site for years, love reading the posts but I never have the time to post or comment myself.

Anyways I thought I'd pass this on to you to stick in the ITK thread....

I bumped into an ex-girlfriend over the weekend in a bar down in brighton, she is a massive spurs fan - prob why we didnt get on! Anyway she told me she'd been seeing Tom Huddlestone for quite sometime now, proved it with pics on her phone of them doing couple stuff etc......(boring couple stuff before anyone asks, not the kind I couldve sold to one of the rags!).

She remembered I'm a villa fan and told me Tom was moving our way, done deal for quite sometime, that he is really excited by it and the fee is 5-6mil - of which he gets 10% (she seemed very excited by this bit!!).

Some ITK from another website

I know for a fact that Everton want Owen and have been talking to him for weeks. They want an answer soon.

Owen's agent has strong Villa links and may be pushing him there. All the best if he wants a quick decision from Martin O'Neill...

Everton won't wait forever, so Owen had better be careful or he will only have his horses for company next season.

X

In relation to Craig Gardner;

Rated by ONeil has having the sweetest shot in the club and apparently Martin doesn't want to lose him but can't guarantee him regular football and he needs to be playing .

If we get offered anywhere close to 5 million can see him going although tentative enquiries for him have been rebuked . Don't rule out Sunderland though coming in for him .

Hi, my mate has told me we are preparing to make a bid in the region of 5.5 Mill for Huddlestone, I don't know anything else on Bentley yet but I will tell you if I do.

Just to fan the flames of unrest how's this for a comment from a certain journo on another site
Aston Villa definitely planning to come in for Roque. O'Neill desperate to get rid of John Carew to help raise the funds and make space. People working overtime on this one just now to get them into the race - just in case it starts soon.

Good news all round as Villa will make sure there is an auction.

Man City think they have this to themselves just now and are in control.

Not quite.

X

On Jenas

My cousin is on holiday in Spain (and is a Spurs fan) and he just rang me to say he's in the same nightclub as Jenas. I told him to ask Jenas about the link with Villa and he did. Jenas replied saying something like forget that Villa are shit!

My cousin did speak to him briefly before an Arsenal vs Spurs derby telling him he better score and Jenas claims he remembered him, so I don't know how valid Jenas's response is as he knows he was speaking to a Spurs fan.

I don't care if people believe me I'm just telling you what happened.