'In the know' thread - Summer '09

BOF

put this in the owen thread or the itk- please

Theres a huge development Evesham- way not 100% where it is but the builders are putting up stables and gallops the lot- The builders have had to sign a clause not to name the person -The only way my source knows is that he works for the H&S and they have to name the employer on the job

X

My mate is a big Bolton fan and knows one of the directors from his time living down there. He has been told that we are moving for Matty Taylor this window. Not a bad player IMO with a thunderous shot. This mate and his source have been pretty accurate with past moves around Bolton which is why I trust this info.

X

Don't often go in for this ITK malarkey but my brother-in-law (who played for Eric Black at Motherwell years ago) keeps in touch with EB and says that Potato Head will definitely try and sign Gardner for Sunderland and is also keeping tabs on the Shorey and Knight situations......but Gardner's agent has definitely been sounded out about a move.

It's being said on FTL (a Spurs site) - and said by someone with a reasonable track record of being clued-in - that Bentley is in talks with Villa but has to come back from spain first to seal the deal. Make of it what you will.

X

ITK/rumour/story (take your pick according to inclination): 15m bid received from Villa for Bentley and Huddlestone.

If it's correct - and it could well be - I'd guess Spurs will have turned it down and that MON will need to bid up if he really wants them.

X

On the most famous Belgian since Tintin, Defour

you can consider this an ITK. According to my man this is as good as done! we held talks with him at the start of the week but the final price is still being negotiated.

remeber where you heard this first

X

First post on the site and already claiming to be ITK on the Bentley deal (must remember to name the player :oops: sorry)

Just heard from a mate of mine who supplies the Villa Shop, and according to the Retail Manager at VP this deal is on.

Didn't realise the retail manager had input into new signings, but there you go. :suspect:

X

Nigel (Reo Coker) is NOT in talks with them (Spurs). In fact he knew nothing about it until I text him earlier! Hes sitting by the pool in the carabean as we speak. The only rumour he heard personaly was that sunderland are interested in him.

One for the ITK from today at the Ascot bash :

Villa no longer interested in Delph and Sharwner was at Bodymoor Heath twice in Jan allegedly .

This one is utter horse shit because I know for a fact NRC isn't in the country let alone Birmingham.

my brothers just been chatting to nigel in selfridges in town (no lie) apparently reo said he's going nowhere and he's not going to be forced out of the club. i really hope he doesnt go should be a starter every week.

X

Believe it or not it is up to you, but from what I hear Sturridge to Chelsea is done if not announced which makes me question the rest.

I've heard strong rumours that Bentley is done, Naughton is in talks, Sturridge is on the verge of retruning to the Midlands as he didn't like life up in the north (according to a close mate of his which I work with), Owen on a pay as you play or one year contract going to two or more depending on his fitness and Defour was rumoured to be heading into Brum for talks

X

Hi guys,

This is an interesting one. A guy I work with at my company has gave me some interesting info behind the scenes at the mo (his old man works as a steward at the club & close mate of Gabby)

Also, this Saturday the stewards etc have been invited to a BBQ (sadly dunno where) and my mate is going as a quest. He has told me that all the players will be there and also there will be a surprise announcement. He is going to text me with what it is also soon as it happens so I will keep you guys posted. Me and my mate think it could be Bentley or worse case that Bouma is hanging up his boots. Either way it will be interesting to find out so as I said I will let you know with more info as I get it! :D

X

Hey guys, friendly United fan here - dont bite

Just thought i'd post some info that you might find interesting. At the minute im over in Birmingham for a business meeting, im currently staying at a hotel in the City Centre.

Anyway, when i was just popping out today i overheard a bloke saying that Martin O'neill was in the restraunt with some other guys, so i decided to have a sneaky peak and see. Turned out it was indeed him, he was sat having lunch with 2 guys in suits - business type blokes - agents maybe and 2 other guys - one of which was Leon Osman from Everton - the other i havent got a clue to be honest.

X