World of Warcraft

The_Rev

I do that quite a lot Limpid.

I think thats why the Warlocks "searing pain" spell (its a small fireball) has Causes a high amount of threat in the tooltip.

Im not sure if a fire specced mage is as well equipped as a demonology specced warlock to deal with aggro though, simply due to your lack of survivability. I can smack deathcoil on them once i have aggro, then just dot them and run until they die or someone more equipped takes them off me. Frost spec mages, who's crowd control is awesome probably can get away with it a lot easier too, but im not a mage, i dont know the ins and outs of the class.

I would say that pulling someone off a healer only to die within 2 seconds might be counter productive, Priests can Fade, Druids can shapeshift, Shamen can just kick the shit out of what is attacking them. Particularly as your main reason for being in a group is to blow the crap out of stuff, being dead isnt the best way to go about it. But then letting a healer die when there was no need isnt ideal too. Its a choice you have to decide on a fight by fight basis, i guess.

If you think you can kill it quickly, go for it. If not, some Crowd Control? Sheep or Frost Nova will allow the healer to move away from a mobs aggro range (and you are a lot more likely to pull aggro if you are in melee range of a melee mob) but i guess its something you can investigate with other mages.

One thing i will say, and maybe this is from a selfish point of view, but in the higher end instances, there is a lot of AOE. No one AOEs better than a mage, but a Mage can help a Warlock out big time here.

One elite surrounded by a bunch of non elites is quite a common setup in instances. Either the Warrior tanks the Elite while the rest of us take out the regulars, or the elite is sheeped, then we pull all the regular mobs away from the sheep so AOE wont break the sheep.

A frost nova is nice once they are seperated.

Just means that the channeled AOEs, like Blizzard and Rain of Fire hit with their full power as mobs dont run out of the killzone as quickly. I see a lot of mages do that. Frost Nova > Cone of Cold seems quite popular too. And it pisses Rogues (particularly Vishkan in the Dashers off) because Cone of Cold hitting 10 skeletons in the Jindo the Hexxer pit in Zul Gurub for 1000 each as its just DPS on a scale that they will never be able to achive. :) Its fake damage! (that kills things, Mr Rogue)

What exactly did he say when he left?

He didnt. He was arguing with someone, and just quit mid argument in a fit. He probably regretted it about three seconds later.

As for the MC run. I think the people online at the time just wanted to do a raid, and there werent enough people in for Blackwing Lair. I tried to get on for the start of the Blackwing Lair raid, but couldnt get on for over an hour. I dont know whether other Dashers had the same thing, but ultimately, those online wanted to do something, so they did a "fun" run of MC. Only about 25 of them for the first three bosses. As it wasnt a planned raid,

no DKP needed for loot. Just rolls like a regular raid, which is fair enough i guess.

No one AOEs better than a mage

I expect an edit.

Yeah, he /gquit in a hissy fit yesterday after people in Molten Core were taking the piss out of him that he couldnt join.

:clap::clap::crylaugh::twisted:

It was a MC raid for those who cared to sign up. I think it was a good idea, simply because people need a kick in the arse. Its okey with people who doesnt want to raid. Its cool with people who has irl shit. But when you log on, expect an invite and didnt bother for shit to sign up... well you deserve nothing.

We actually did better with 25-26 people then with the full normal raid at several places... funny how a bit of consentration and added pressure can make people über players.

We actually did better with 25-26 people then with the full normal raid at several places... funny how a bit of consentration and added pressure can make people über players.

That's what I like about the 45 min Baron Run, you can't have any messing about at all, it really focusses your attention. A team of Dashers did it yesterday with 2 seconds left on the clock!!

45 min Baron is very tricky. Even if you skip most mobs, you will have a tiiiiiiiight time schedule.

Jack Bauer could do it Tarj. :winkold:

Nah, it would take him 24 hours!

45 min Baron is very tricky. Even if you skip most mobs, you will have a tiiiiiiiight time schedule.

Jack Bauer could do it Tarj. :winkold:

Nah, it would take him 24 hours!

:clap:

Just what is this "one button" we're supposed to use anyway? I'd have thought its 2; wtfpwn, and vanish?

It might be this one or even this one :mrgreen:

But seriously, what do Rogues need?

They have quite fantastic damage, whether its Damage Per Second or Burst.

Some of the best survivabilty in the game (albeit on a 5 minute cooldown)

A clearly defined role in the game, one which all of the hybrids would kill for.

An excellent solo class.

An excellent PvP class.

No Downtime.

The Rogue simply doesnt need massive changes. The single biggest problem a Rogue seems to have is competition for places with the 599999999999999999 other rogues on the server.

Other than tweaks and bugfixes, the Rogue doesnt need a class revamp, surely?

Mages are seen as a free kill by a lot of classes who can now do as much burst damage as they did only with a lot more survivability, Hunters being an obvious example. In PvE lots of people now have viable AOE, so that mages toes are being trodden on there. People didnt roll Mage to be a portable vendor/portal machine, which is what they have become to a certain extent.

Priests/Shamen/Paladins needed their healing trees to be be less boring to play as, or more attractive to spend points in. Thats why they got revamped. If Rogues are so shit, why do they remain massively overpopulated?

As far as i can tell, Rogues are fun to play as, have three completey viable talent trees, and they are anything but free kills in PvP. So the two biggest reasons for a "class revamp" just dont apply. So am i missing somethings here, or do Rogues want a love patch because they are a broken class, or simply because they see other people getting them?

By then you will be chasing drops anyway Juju.

When you hit 60, all the best stuff is from killing bosses, not the AH. You just need good enough gear to enable you to start heading into these places and getting the loot, which you appear to be doing, so dont worry about it.

One thing i dont get is the armour though. Its too late to change it now, but each faction get 8 classes.

Alliance have:

2 plate wearing classes.

1 mail wearing class (so Alliance Hunters are always well geared, no doubt)

2 Leather Wearing classes

3 Cloth wearing classes.

Horde have:

1 plate wearing class.

2 Mail wearing classes.

2 Leather wearing classes.

3 Cloth wearing classes.

Why not make it 2 of each type of armour from the start? It would have made itemisation a lot fairer, cos at the minute, Warriors get any plate drops they want, any cloth drops, three classes want a bit of it (unless its stacked with filthy spirit of course)

Too late to change it now, but a trick missed.

Alliance Warrior near the PvP room in deepest, darkest Orgrimmar.

Time for a bit of mind control fun!

whenmcgoeswrong3yb.th.jpg

Oh dear!

Are you having a contest with yourself to see how many buttons you can get on your screen? :shock: :lol::lol:

Â