World of Warcraft

The_Rev

Geez..got this game installed yesterday. It really is like crack isn't it!

Played for about 6 hours straight going to bed late which upset the missus. Then I woke up thinking about it!

Don't know if I can handle it!

Welcome to WORLD OF WARCRAFT :clap::clap::clap::mrgreen: :birthday:

More Warcraft comedy gold!

Nicked from the Dashers general thread, where there was much bleating. Basically, some girl died in the US, so her family and WoW friends organised an online funeral for her.

In Winterspring. Yes, that high level contested area.... Cue the action!

Ganked!

I might be a bit sick, but the sight of the guild riding towards the "funeral" together made me laugh so much I spat my coffee out at work!

Call me sick, but i think that gank is brilliant fun. Good action, world pvp mass action.

To me its a game and any idiot who actually confuses real life with wow needs a shaking

You'll have to let us know your character name Bromsgrove (hopefully you're on the Deathwing server) so that we can all lend a hand. Hopefully you've not made the mistake of having an Alliance character, as you may find us hunting you down if you have!

Unfortunatly I am alliance and on a different server :(

I joined a RP server as I was hoping to avoid all the 14 year old kewl dooDs and so far so good!

I also have to confess to enjoying a little of the RP aspect of it without getting too geeky, I think it enhances the game the way I like to play it casually. (Can I still be classed as casual after a 6 hour stretch!)

My 5 year old son loves me playing it as well which is worrying!

I'll be to far behind you now to catch up. Also I have just stuck another 2 hours of works time into learning to make virtual leather armour...how exciting is that!

Don't worry about catching us up, it's the help and fun you'll get along the way that matters.

Nays and Si were the first on here to play the game, and they were nearly L40 when me, Tarj, Dan and yhe late lamented Bicks started. Then the new breed of Juju, Limpid, Tarq and Sam started, and now they've nearly all levelled too.

The best thing about being on Deathwing is that when you can't be arsed finishing off a q, or you haven't got long, there's always someone you know to muck about with.

Look how gay the AQ40 sets look at the moment:

Dan

Risso

me

Limpid

Sam & Tarj

Luckily, i think they will change them. They did it with the BWL sets in 1.9, didnt they?

Orc Rogue (the old one just Shadowcraft in different colours?)

Orc Shaman

Undead Warlock (The warlock guy in felwood still has the old set on)

Troll Mage

Undead Priest (just the same as the old Nemesis set)

Oh, and 12 foot tall cow trying to sneak up on you..

Geez..got this game installed yesterday. It really is like crack isn't it!

Played for about 6 hours straight going to bed late which upset the missus. Then I woke up thinking about it!

Don't know if I can handle it!

Thats quite strange really. I didn't get addicted until about level 20. I remember lagging behind in levels then becoming an uber wow-playing machine and comfortably being the first to 60 from our batch of players.

Re. Razorgore. I sport the tier 2 bracers that he drops, despite being unguilded, how cool is that?

Thats quite strange really. I didn't get addicted until about level 20. I remember lagging behind in levels then becoming an uber wow-playing machine and comfortably being the first to 60 from our batch of players.

Yep, Dan had a hissy fit and threatened to put the game on Ebay after Tarj overtook him at about L13! :D

I think the Stonetalon Mountains was the turning point, when Dan got one shotted by the Ally bird master. I haven't laughed as hard in a long time, and it was then that you could see just how much gaming with mates could be.

There was also the time me and Dan were questing in The Barrens at about L11-12, and the noob bastard attacked a L18 raptor thinking it was L8. Oh how we laughed as it tore us limb from limb!

Ive now solo'd up to lvl 9 in about 8-9 hours is that good or bad?

Should I fight stuff a couple of lvl's higher than me to get big experience but longer fights or is it better to plow though easy kills of my equivalent lvl?

Also am I better soloing or grouping? The worry with grouping is I'm meant to be working and the phone keeps going so I'm a bit unreliable!

Money seems tough to come by? Easier now I can make leather but my backpack fills up quickly!

I'm a hot female Druid night elf so maybe I should turn on the charm and get some gulible doods that have never had girlfriends to give me stuff

1-10 really is just a taste of the game, 8-9 hours is quick though. For me, and this is based on a PvP server, the game is:

1-10 - hello and welcome to the game.

11-25 - start to think you know what you are doing, your role in the world and with other people.

26-45 (ish) Brutal. The hardest times. On PvP servers at least.

46-59 The glorious times. Really really good fun.

60 - The best times of all. You can go anywhere, do anything, and get all the bastards back who killed you on the way up.

Some classes are excellent at soloing. Particularly the two who have pets (Hunters, Warlocks) and id probably add druids to that as the shapeshifting can give you answers to most of the problems the game can throw at you. (cat - damage dealing rogue, bear - damage taking warrior - humanoid - healing priest. Learn to heal yourself, and you are laughing)

i wouldnt say you really needed to group at your level. You can probably get all the way to 60 on your own if you wanted (but it would take longer ant be less fun.)

If you play through to endgame, Druid is probably the best class you can be at the minute. They are very much in demand for all the high level dungeons. You could probably walk into most of the best guilds on our sever just by being a half decent Druid at the minute. Get used to being called a Dr00d though.

Money is a lot easier to come by the more you level up. It would be even easier to come by if you had half a dozen level 60 mates on the Deathwing server (!) What server are you on by the way? I know its a roleplay one, but is it PvE or PvP?

And yes. Being a female night elf supposedly is a good way of fleecing idiots out of cash. I point you to the beginners guide to enjoying World of Warcraft.

Have fun on the game. You Alliance bastard!

Still refusing to roll Horde on Deathwing?! OK lads, let's all create a character on that server he's on and corpse camp him till he gives in!

Seriously though, come to Deathwing. We could all give you a piffling amount for us like 50 silver (except for Tarj, he'd be after borrowing money from you!) and you'd feel like the richest bloke around. Of course it's fun to work things out yourself, but I bet everybody on here has benefiited from being able to ask a friend some advice while in game.

Plus if you get killed in Deathwing by a higher level foe, you can just whisper us lot and he'd quickly have 6 level 60 bad asses making him wish he hadn't bothered!

As Nays says, the first 10 levels is just about running round safely in the ally area, hitting stuff over and over, and getting used to the controls.

Once you get to L20+, you start venturing into contested areas, where you can kill and be killed by the opposition. Then, it's much for fun to be in a group than by yourself. There are also several dungeons called instances where you HAVE to be in a group.

Â