World of Warcraft

The_Rev

Shamen can root Riss. An AOE Root too! Earthbind totem.

Sorry, might be my misunderstanding of terms. I thought root meant to fix to the spot, rather than just slowing down.

Well, as long as you can slow them down, its a massive advantage. I guess it could be referred to as a "snare" but its essentially the same thing. If you can move faster than your target, you can attack him more than he can attack you. Im sure you have been on the wrong end of many a Hamstring, or Crippling Poison.

A full on fix to the ground is of a lot more use to Nukers, like the Warlock (Seduce) Mage (Frost Nova) Hunter (Frost Trap) because we dont have the instant attacks that others have. Casting times can be interupted, with a Rogue basing on me, a 3 second shadowbolt cast can take 8-9 seconds to get out. And we have to stand still while casting these spells. Cant move and attack. If you can move and attack, and melee classes can, then rooting people to the spot isnt really needed. Slowing them down is more than enough.

There are probably more stone cold roots out there (Druids root!) that i forget now, but every class that i can think of have some kind of way to impair the movement of the target.

PvP is all about giving your opponent problems. If it was just a case of blasting out damage, then Mages would kick the shit out of everything. And they dont. Im saying that Shamen have a lot more answers to problems that other classes can give them than anyone else. Maybe im saying this because i dont fight that many Shamen, what with them being Horde, but it seems to be the general feeling of the Alliance too. Sure, to play any class well, you need to be a good player, but it seems that people playing Shamen badly still get a lot more grace than people playing other classes badly. It must piss you off if you get beaten by someone, not because he is a better player than you, but because he has a set of tools that just completely overpower yours. Rogues get a bad reputation like this too. Im sure a lot of good Rogues would agree that there are a lot of "n00b" Rogues out there who get them their shitty repuation. Akin to how Man Utd fans from Salford must feel about the bastards who live in Surrey, i guess.

However, if i was a Shaman myself, i wouldnt give a shit about other people calling me overpowered. Id just kill them.

Aye.

There is one blindingly obvious tactic in Arathi Basin:

Get control of three of the five bases. Hold them. You win.

It really is as simple as that.

ab6qd.jpg

The Farm is always going to be The Hordes. The Stables will always belong to The Alliance. Horde should take the Lumber Mill, and Alliance should take the Gold Mine. Its all about control of the Blacksmiths then. If you can hold that, you will win. Get those three, hold them, and build from there. If you can get the Goldmine, its a bonus, but i cant see why you would get one or two suicidal **** heading over to the Stables really is counterproductive. Fair enough at low levels, but in these level 60 only games that we are doing now, it seems kinda stupid.

The thing that pisses me off is when the lot of them stop for a picnic at either the Farm or the Blacksmith.

"Oh, we've captured this base, lets ALL stay here...we'll win for sure then!"

Yep.

The Farm gets attacked a lot, but you only need two, three at the most to stay back at a place we hold. Especially the farm. Just enough to put up initial resistance, and shout out the shout that the Alliance are coming en masse and some help really would be appreciated.

I guess you need to be in a good PvP guild (Dashers? ) for real PvP joy.

Well, I just had the shortest AB game ever. Got creamed 5 - 0 on the bases. **** disgraceful.

A few of us decided to band together and start getting some co-operation going with everyone. We quickly found out no **** listens and they just continue to run about like a headless chickens.

We all have cool usernames (except TRL)

Excuse me, but HUUH?????

Its just 3 initials, hardly inspired is it ;)

Speaking of which, I saw an Ally with a pet called "cat", they come up with shit names for their pets don't they?

We all have cool usernames (except TRL)

Excuse me, but HUUH?????

Its just 3 initials, hardly inspired is it ;)

Mines even worse then. I just used the name my parents gave me!

metarjed4mm.jpg

After killing 50 odd level 60 elites for the offchance that The Eye of Shadow might drop.

Seems its only the Demons that drop it Tarj, and not the giants.

Still, i have to go into that Demon area for my second epic quest. And ill be needing a healer..

Cheers. Pleasure doing buisness with you.

Thats 3/8 on Dreadmist now. Start of the set buffs kick in.

Next on the list is the mask, which is Scholo drop from the Darkmaster.

Oh, and in the Auction House: Alliance!

ahally9vg.th.jpg

Is that 6-0 on the Druid? And a nice killing blow to boot?

There was a Warrior in there too. Got a soulshard off that one. Sweet!

Nayson, click here for the latest version of DUF and my custom design which is now all rescaled and fixed.

You'll probably want to put your own tweaks back in (moving the debuff frame etc).

Once again, just open duf up with /duf and choose the "custom" profile.

Those shoulders Dan has on look like something Joan Collins would wear in Dynasty!

If I could ditch them I would, I know they look shit but theyre "of the monkey" and theyre blue and they have more armour then I've ever had before on shoulders. Replacements are top of my list, I want some cool spikey ones like before! But as I said, I can't ditch them as I can't find anything better.

Be careful attacking anyone in Gankistan now, the brusiers snare you with traps, so you can't even leg it away any more.

Some level 60 NE Hunter, and his level 60 white tiger managed to **** up his "free kill" button (sorry, beastial wrath as the game calls it) cos of the Bruisers.

Nice to see them net both him and his stupid cat, and kill them both, while i watched and laughed.

**** stupid free kill button.

Â