World of Warcraft

The_Rev

Curse is working fine for me, but it's a bit slow for me at work, so I'll DL it at home. That link you gave is for the US patch Bicks, hope you haven't been downloading that!

I'm looking forward to this patch, probably the most noticable one they've done yet? At least since I started playing... BTW. I want this look at the DPS!!!!

Apparently it drops in a place called Molten Core from a dude called Ragnaros, I'm gonna head there later, tarj I might need some healing assistance ;)

Set the download off at Curse at home at lunch time, so barring any errors it'll be ready for when I get home. Fileshack's usually the best place to get it, but they've only got the US and Australian patches on at the moment, they normally get the European versions a few hours after though.

Really looking forward to this patch, the linked auction houses is a great idea, which should really have been in ages ago. It'll make thing a lot easier, as I've always set my HS to Orgri so I can check auctions when I log on. Now I can set it to TB or UC or wherever the closest area to where I've been doing stuff.

Soul Shard bags, Nays will be pleased!

Nah. They are bollocks, if my understanding of what they are is correct. They are not an ammo pouch, but a 20 slot thing that takes away a regular bagslot.

Now, 20 slot bag that you can only put shards in, or a 14/16 slot bag you can put anything in? Suddenly the shard bag seems, well, a bit shit.

Most Warlocks problem with Shards isnt managing them, its how you have to collect the bastards, and where you have to collect them from. Thats why you will rarely get a duel from a Warlock, cos duelling means burning (read: wasting) shards, which means that we have to go and get more shards from far flung corners of the world. **** knows why Blizzard dont just put non hostile, shard yeilding mobs at flightpaths. There are some at Azshara, 1:40 from Orgrimmar if you fly, but they are two levels too low to drop shards when you ding 60. The Turtles at the Hinterlands will drop shards, but the Hinterlands is **** miles away, and you are fighting against skinners to tag the Turtles.

What i would really like to see, and it would be easy to implement, is non hostile invisible enemies, that only Warlocks can see at all the major cities/flightpaths, at levels that will yeild shards for people likely to be in that area. There are some in Undercity, and only Warlocks can see them (or anyone a Warlock has buffed) but these are only low level. Tweaking these to make it so that Warlocks dont have to spend ages and ages just travelling to places where we can get shards, and making them immune to AOE damage, like a Shamans totems are, to stop other people (especially mages) being attacked by invisible parties just because they AOE'd. Do that, or something similar, or give us a portal to somewhere like Shadow Hold (the Warlock area in Felwood) or the Altar of Storms (the Warlock area in Burning Steppes) just to take away the **** tedious travelling time to go farm shards, and most Locks will even let Blizzard off with the fact that in order to get a Soul Shard, we have to kill the target with a spell that doesnt actually do any damage...

Oh, and i know a good Blue Dragonscale grindspot if you are interested Riss..

It seems slimes won't just drop old boots anymore (yes we know about your drop Bicks) the penalty for Orcs using their blood fury racial trait isn't as bad, plus paladins get a revamp, not sure if it is a nerf or not, I **** hope so.

Patch notes

Seems my download had started to slow horribly...

Oh, and i know a good Blue Dragonscale grindspot if you are interested Riss..

Please mate! Bought the breastplate recipe from a seller on the coast in Azhara, so when I've got to L285 in dragonscale LW I can make em.

Oh, and im in!

You get a "tip of the day" on Loading Screens now.

Anyway, im off to see whether this nerf to Curse of Shadow really is a nerf or not..

So a Warlock has to carry non stackable shards, which are needed for every spell they use (including summons I assume) and these can only be acquired from limited places? No wonder there aren't that many, that stinks!

So a Warlock has to carry non stackable shards, which are needed for every spell they use (including summons I assume) and these can only be acquired from limited places? No wonder there aren't that many, that stinks!

Not every spell, but all the good ones, including summons.

And unlike every other class on the game, we cant buy our spell reagents from a vendor.

Making shards too easy to farm OR carry would make Locks a bit inbalanced, as surely it's the payback for being a caster with pets. Doesn't seem a very well thought out system though, I'd say they should make them easier to farm, but locks can't carry as many about with them.

The shard thing is a big, fat can of worms with no ideal solution to it. I would certainly think that it isn't as big a deal on the RP servers mind as the lore behind it will be enough for them to enjoy.

I still like my idea that I randomly cobbled together on TS about giving Warlocks the ability to port to a phase shifted reality of sorts. A kind of twisted version of Azeroth in which nasty demons and shit roam, all of them soul shard fodder. People in the 'real' Azeroth would then see a transparent Warlock (and vice versa for the Warlock seeing them) when they're in the other realm so that it can't be used for other gains.

Problem with that idea? Totally unrealistic to implement but ****, it still sounds cool to me.

As for the 1.9 patch. I'm still waiting on my download which is crawling. I'm behind a router and the Blizz downloader is reporting that it's behind a firewall. Forwarding the required ports does nothing to change this (probably due to the **** wanky way in which my router sets up port forwarding).

It doesn't help that some word removed is downloading music on the other PC either.

So what's the patch done for your character then?

Nothing much for shammies. Some of our spells have had their mana requirements recalculated (meaning I'll go OOM even quicker than before) and grounding totem no longer dispels poisons from rogue blades, which was a bit of a bug anyway.

We get a new totem that reduces group agro by 20%, have to see how much use this is in instances. Think it's an air totem which means it's a choice between that and strength of air (+43 agi) and windfury,

Â