World of Warcraft

The_Rev

The imbalance comes from the fact a well played shaman can completely disable his opponent's ability to move effectively and/or escape, whilst the shaman both attacks and heals himself. Every other class has to make choices in a fight, weighing up if it's better to heal or stay and attack (druid would be a good example here).

Sigh. No disrespect Si, but have you played as a shaman? Your paragraph sums up what most people say, but the theory is different to the reality, as just about any shammy will tell you. We can melee, cast and heal, but our talent trees make at least one of these more or less redundant. I'm elemental spec at the moment, and even with 30 points in there, I bet one of my crits dooes less than half the damage of a comparative spell from a mage or lock. Because of this my melee is OK compared to a cloth wearer, but is miles behind a rogue or warrior.

As for healing, without any points in our restoration tree, it's useless. Our main heal spell is no use at all in PvP one on one (it takes too long and is easily interruptable) and is mainly used after battles, or in groups. Our back up healing spell is better, but again needs the points in talents to make it work. I don't have any points in resto, so if I want to heal in battle I drink a potion, same as any other class.

Shaman have as many classes that they do well/badly against as any other, and this changes depending on level and situation, just as it does for everyone else. If we constantly owned more classes than owned us, you'd have a point, but we don't.

Anyway....

How could I forget Bicks last night by the way? Sorry mate, blame it on being on till 2am!

I did AB a few times yesterday evening, and the carrot/spurs/enchant combo is amazing. I got to the flags first from the start every single time, for some nice bonus honor, then with the mod, as soon as you dismount you're ready for battle.

No, its a quest reward.

6,500 XP (i think) for a quest that really is a piece of piss.

Pick it up outside the AH. Get Quest Items. Fly to Gadgetzan. Ride to Lost Rigger Cove. The Reindeer is in a building on the far side of the area with a fence around it.

About 8 of us from the guild went down and did it, and splattered two level 60 alliance camping the Reindeer spawn, then called all the Horde in the area. There must have been 15 of us in the area. Another couple of Ally ran in for the gank, took one look, and legged it. :mrgreen:

The quest itself is quite easy, but ill bet there will be ganking for a few days.

Warlocks were mages that delved too deeply into the roots of demonic power. Consumed by a lust for dark knowledge, they've tapped into chaotic magic from beyond the world. The Burning Legion now feeds them its powers, allowing them to channel destructive energies and call upon the powerful emissaries of their demon masters.

The Warlock is a more involved class to play. Warlocks have pets, many different spell combos, and a reagent component requirement for some of their spells. This means that it will take a bit more learning than some of the more straightforward classes. The Warlock has a lot of very cool and fun abilities including Eye of Kilrogg, Fear, Pets, and more. The Warlock is a very fun class to play once you figure things out.

Indeed we are. Observe this screenshot:

missedzep8hf.jpg

Hahahahahaha!!!

Everytime I set myself to follow someone at the zep stop while I go AFK I always end up on the ground. Wondering why this was, I did it and sat and observed, the clearings in the woods try to get you to run off the edge. Whats the point? Am I cramping their style or something? I didn't think it was possible but it clearly is and I think this is just the tip of the iceberg and the further I dig the more and more I will reveal of this diabolical and seemingly endless plot by the WOW community to make sure that I don't get to Tirisfall Glades.

I'll post more as I learn it.

Nah, i didnt fear him over the edge. Im not sure thats actually possible to do. I saw the Zep coming in, offered him a duel.

Put the curse of weakness on him so he couldnt hurt me.

When the Zep was about to pull into the platform, i feared him so he ran over the other side of the tower/down the stairs (i didnt see which) and set my succubus after him during the fear.

When he made it back to near the zep, i feared him again, told my succubus to wait on the platform, and jumped on the Zep myself.

When he came back for a third time, he met a third fear. Zep is almost ready to go now.

Fourth time, succubus on the platform: Seduce.

I waved as the Zep went out. He did win the duel though, so he shouldnt really complain...

Nah, i didnt fear him over the edge. Im not sure thats actually possible to do. I saw the Zep coming in, offered him a duel.

Put the curse of weakness on him so he couldnt hurt me.

When the Zep was about to pull into the platform, i feared him so he ran over the other side of the tower/down the stairs (i didnt see which) and set my succubus after him during the fear.

When he made it back to near the zep, i feared him again, told my succubus to wait on the platform, and jumped on the Zep myself.

When he came back for a third time, he met a third fear. Zep is almost ready to go now.

Fourth time, succubus on the platform: Seduce.

I waved as the Zep went out. He did win the duel though, so he shouldnt really complain...

:lol: Quality! Waving as you left, that's the sign of a gentleman player!

Mind Controlled a level 50 hunter today in Altarac. Then i killed his pet, and he just laughed of it. Pretty fun, because after me killing his pet, we ended up drinking mana together.

And the christmas Q's are complete shite.

The imbalance comes from the fact a well played shaman can completely disable his opponent's ability to move effectively and/or escape, whilst the shaman both attacks and heals himself. Every other class has to make choices in a fight, weighing up if it's better to heal or stay and attack (druid would be a good example here).

Sigh. No disrespect Si, but have you played as a shaman? Your paragraph sums up what most people say, but the theory is different to the reality, as just about any shammy will tell you. We can melee, cast and heal, but our talent trees make at least one of these more or less redundant. I'm elemental spec at the moment, and even with 30 points in there, I bet one of my crits dooes less than half the damage of a comparative spell from a mage or lock. Because of this my melee is OK compared to a cloth wearer, but is miles behind a rogue or warrior.

As for healing, without any points in our restoration tree, it's useless. Our main heal spell is no use at all in PvP one on one (it takes too long and is easily interruptable) and is mainly used after battles, or in groups. Our back up healing spell is better, but again needs the points in talents to make it work. I don't have any points in resto, so if I want to heal in battle I drink a potion, same as any other class.

Shaman have as many classes that they do well/badly against as any other, and this changes depending on level and situation, just as it does for everyone else. If we constantly owned more classes than owned us, you'd have a point, but we don't.

Anyway....

How could I forget Bicks last night by the way? Sorry mate, blame it on being on till 2am!

I did AB a few times yesterday evening, and the carrot/spurs/enchant combo is amazing. I got to the flags first from the start every single time, for some nice bonus honor, then with the mod, as soon as you dismount you're ready for battle.

I can't say that I have played a shaman but I have certainly been reading the arguments longer than you've been playing one.

The main point of my post was that the balance is relative to level. Whilst leveling, Shamans are pretty much balanced in comparison to the rest of Warcraft due to being restricted by their talent points (something you just pointed out). Come level 60 with the right *Lvl 60* build and Shamans become arguably overpowered in comparison to other classes.

Your thoughts on the Shaman are here and now with respect to your personal experiences whilst leveling and your restricted build (you ain't got all your talent points).

I'm talking about final build, level 60 Shamans (as are the people who say they are overpowered, which I might add again, includes the developers themselves).

It's a common occurance to duel a Lvl 60 Shaman and then have the Shaman himself admit his character is overpowered just after he's just tanned your arse.

xrviolence9jl.th.jpg

rachetviolence9rm.th.jpg

so much for an Xmas truce!

for Tarj:

You just caught the very end of all that. There was a massive fight at XR, Allys were winning until the cavalry arrived from Orgrimmar and just wiped the floor with them. Someone shouted that more Allies were at Rachet, so about 10-15 Horde went down there, killed the Ally, and then for about half an hour, sat on the dock just waiting for ships to come in, and just destroying any Alliance that got off.

As for the pet fighting, i think the Chairman would utterly annihilate any of my four "normal" pets in a one on one fight, even though i have 12 levels on you.

A Warlocks pets are really just a series of buffs and a pool of extra magical spells at the Warlocks disposal when a particular pet is summoned, as opposed to a seperate member of a two man team like a Hunters pet seems to be. They make the Lock more powerful, but are fairly weak on their own. None of my pets could solo Ragefire Chasm, but ill bet that Chairman Miow could have a bloody good go (it would be fun to try!)

The infernal is a seperate entity though, and not an extention of me. And he is a mean bastard. He is an even meaner bastard when he breaks the Enslave spell i set on him (see the chains around his chest when enslaved?) as all his stats are boosted by 30% (well, the enslave takes 30% off his stats, if you want to look at it logically)

In 1.9 the Lock endgame pets are being buffed, cos no one ever uses them at the moment, which appears to have pissed Blizzard off somewhat. Apparently, a level 60 Infernal should be able to solo two level 60 mobs, which will be nice.

Until the enslave breaks...

Quick question on battlegrounds (well Arathi, as it's the only one I've done)

How does the scoring work, ie the resources? I suppose it's linked somehow to the bases controlled and players dying, but does anybody have a more detailed explanation?

Its all about bases i think. Thats the score anyway, and you get bonus honor for defending bases or attacking. And killing off course! :twisted:

Learned the funniest trick from a fellow priest the other night. When you see paladins on the BG, just dot em with rank 1 dots. Will cost you no mana and the paladins are stupid enough to keep dispelling themselves free of em. By doing that they use all their mana, while you use nothing at all. Pretty funny :)

Â