• Rogers
    • Diaby
    • Watkins
    • Cash (Rogers 26)
    • Durán (Diaby 73)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

Missed the 2nd half, by the sounds of it, I was lucky. 

Due to emerys magic, my expectations have been raised far more than I would of imagined. That's why it's disappointing and unexpected when we put in a poor show.

He now needs to magic up some positive results over the next few weeks with the players he has left.

The most frustrating thing for me was that this game could’ve sealed 4th, and removed any nervy issues for the last 2 games. Spurs have scored 4 late goals against Arse & Plop, as well as the late 2 against us..just hope is doesn’t come done to goal difference

16 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

We were garbage today.

Reeling at some of the tosh here.

Play the kids? That's the answer is it? Jesus wept.

Players he sees every day in training? You think he doesn't know if they're good enough? 

Emery who brought through Saka and Martinelli. Emery who made Ramsey a key man and signed young nobody Rogers, making him a key man.

Don't worry yourselves. He knows if players are good enough. He's decided they aren't at the moment.

We're absolutely shot to bits and have no legs whatsoever. Throwing Tim or whoever...Kellyman into the team will not only not help us or them but damage their confidence long term.

Lose every game and finish 5th, it's still the best season in forever.

Build the **** statue.

My sentiment entirely. 

Of course we are disappointed because it could have been a momentous day. But however we finish the season now, it’s been the best season in my memory. And not only that, we are just a far superior version of ourselves, one that I really just didn’t see us being. We are on the start of a journey and any disappointment is due to our new expectation.

I am honestly over the moon as to where we are and where this club is going, so any poor result is just a bump in the road and not a criticism or indication that that the wheels have suddenly come off. Emery and this squad has over achieved to this point, but we will be even stronger next season.

On 05/05/2024 at 16:01, rjw63 said:

That was a big, smelly, dirty, rancid turd of a performance.

it wasn't that good.

On 05/05/2024 at 16:03, M_Afro said:

Worse performance of the season by a country mile. Olsen only player to do remotely well. The rest were all pathetic. Watch Spurs win now. 

that's been mentioned a few times lately.....only one must be the worst.

I think Spurs at home, takes some beating.

On 05/05/2024 at 16:05, DakotaVilla said:

Emery totally shit the bed today. McGinn and Luiz in the double pivot never works. playing cash right wing meaning we had Bailey left. WTAF. 

All he had to do was put a little trust in Timbo and then play everyone else in their proper position.

We are done and now reliant on Liverpool and man city to save us. 

I wouldn't say never.....but its been well documented, before UE,arrived that it doesn't work......Dougie clearly misses Kamara, and that's not going to be fixed for some time.

UE is running out of credible options.....and I hope this scenario, is firmly in our thoughts, when the window opens.

On 05/05/2024 at 16:07, UpTheVilla26 said:

Today wasn't about the ref, Brighton or anything else other than that shambles of a display our players and manager served up. 

Pau - class player, but atrocious today. 

McGinn - I wouldn't play him again this season, the goal was his fault for booting a ball out of play under zero pressure. He was dire all game and the sooner Emi is captain the better.

Diaby - He's shit. 

The rest weren't much better, Olsen was my MOTM and I'm one of his biggest critics. 

I honestly don't know where we go from here. We've got no midfield and we look totally bereft of ideas and confidence. 

Yep.

On 05/05/2024 at 16:08, markavfc40 said:

I love him to bits but Emery is getting it completely wrong for me. We are running on fumes and getting over run of late yet instead of putting another midfielder in he is going with both Bailey and Diaby and it just isn't working. Diaby in particular is a passenger.

He clearly doesn't fancy Iroegbunam but needs must. 

I agree completely Mark.....Diaby is a real worry for me.....I don't see how he is affecting a game, offensively or defensively...he's just a passenger, in most games.

I sincerely hope we are running on fumes, because if we are not, we have some right old problems.

some players are miles off it.

• Like 1

On 05/05/2024 at 16:12, WHY said:

I don’t disagree but looks to me he’s already made his mind up on the kids. Having no midfielders available is killing us. 

I agree....and having a shortage of defensive minded ones, is our own fault.....Most other squads, carry 2 or 3.

We have one dedicated one, and he's out for a long time.

Posted (edited)
On 05/05/2024 at 16:13, imavillan said:

the balance was all wrong imo

with that change we had 5 defenders on 

and we still conceded ,  53 in the league, with the world's best Goalkeeper.....is there a danger, do you think, that the defenders, can't defend, adequately?....just a thought.

We conceded 1 with our goalkeeper having a MOTM performance.......do you think, there is an issue here that needs closer scrutiny?

a Nil, Nil Draw would have been something, under the circumstances.....but we can't stop runners, without clumsy, clunky defending.

Edited by TRO

On 05/05/2024 at 16:18, nick76 said:

Says everything that Olsen has 100% MOTM ratings above after 119 votes

Without some of his Emiesque, saves, it would have been more.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 05/05/2024 at 16:16, CVByrne said:

Makes Thurs a difficult selection decision. Do we throw in towel for ECL and save the team for Monday?

I don't think it makes much difference if we do or we don't.

This team is so far off it.....( I am hoping its fatigue) there is very little realistic chance of anything, playing like we are......even a slender lead, would not have me convinced, we would get through.

Sorry.

Edited by TRO

Posted (edited)
On 05/05/2024 at 16:25, KMitch said:

image.thumb.png.97af17b238113b77f284de32782a0904.png

Olsen with 130 MoM votes and 100% of the results...  Anyone else worried that this a sign of the apocalypse?

It's an old fashioned phenomenon, called the truth.

Edited by TRO

On 05/05/2024 at 16:36, calcifer said:

Not one person in the media want Villa in the CL. They probably think we will devalue the competition (yet their darlings finished bottom of their group, Manure) 

Not one person in the media knows where we play.

However, playing like we are lately, ( for all the reasons) is playing in to their hands.

On 05/05/2024 at 16:38, Leeroy said:

Ok let's just give up and concede the season then.

you mean we haven't?

On 05/05/2024 at 16:42, JoshVilla said:

3 shite performances in a row. If we carry on the way we have in those 3, then I don't see us winning another game, so we'll just be relying on Spuds' results. 

I can't really blame the players. We've had rotten luck with injuries and many of them have had to play way more games than we'd have ideally liked them to. They're running on fumes now.

I'd love to be proven wrong and see us pull something out of the bag.

Nah............. it's the ball boys.... Too slow to react😄

On 05/05/2024 at 17:22, Tom13 said:

No control again. Didn't change it again.

I agree.....but he hasn't got the personnel to help us with that control.

The injuries are unprecedented, but they are also highlighting the weaknesses in the squad....which to some degree, is our own fault.

53 minutes ago, TRO said:

I don't think it makes much difference if we do or we don't.

This team is so far off it.....( I am hoping its fatigue) there is very little realistic chance of anything, playing like we are......even a slender lead, would not have me convinced, we would get through.

Sorry.

Worst scenario is taking to extra time and losing added effort for the players. 

On 05/05/2024 at 17:53, HanoiVillan said:

If you want to know what I mean by 'revise your expectations', a better idea would be to ask rather than assume. In fact, what I mean is not you should be happy finishing 5th - nobody would be *happy* with that, from here - but that we probably won't get a positive result in our remaining games. Luckily we probably already have enough points for 4th, so it doesn't really matter. But I also think we can all prepare to be disappointed on Thursday night as well. The players don't have it in them at this stage. 

I predicted 6th.....but the way we are playing right now......5th would be phenomenal.

We all, have pretty good idea, why we are playing, like we are......but it doesn't change the analysis, it is what it is.

I think Unai's biggest disappointment is the gap between our best and worst performances.

All teams, even the top 3 have a gap......but ours is too big, at times.

When we play badly, we have a stinker, where even the basics are missing.

On 05/05/2024 at 17:56, AVTuco said:

We will get 4th even if we lose the remaining 2 games.

I'm much more worried about Thursday's game. Here's hoping for a miracle like Arsenal game.

we need Remi............................MOSES

Â