USA Tour: Club America - August 3 22:30

• 4 weeks later...
On 21/05/2024 at 06:34, Dom_Wren said:

Think im gonna make the columbus game!

👍👍Jealous.

noticed you live in South Carolina. Where are you located? Born & raised in Asheville, NC, family still there. Lived first 26 years of my life in North Cackalacky 

On 24/05/2024 at 08:05, Dom_Wren said:

Just got my tickets for my mum (brought up in Aston), wife, lad and me!

Just an FYI, Club America is, by far, the most well supported club in the US. And their fans can get rowdy.

When they came to Columbus last year, there were definitely not so many, shall we say, pleasant encounters.

It does tickle me, when teams are gassed after an arduous, season, then go on International duty and pre-season tours.

All the mitigation, gets rolled out, for lack of legs in league games......and then the above.🙃

• Like 1

On 27/05/2024 at 14:34, TRO said:

It does tickle me, when teams are gassed after an arduous, season, then go on International duty and pre-season tours.

All the mitigation, gets rolled out, for lack of legs in league games......and then the above.🙃

It's pre-season. They have to play warm up games as they are professional athletes.

If they didn't play them overseas then they would still need to play them. What's 8 hours in business class gonna do to tire them out more?

On 26/05/2024 at 23:32, OhioVilla said:

Just an FYI, Club America is, by far, the most well supported club in the US. And their fans can get rowdy.

When they came to Columbus last year, there were definitely not so many, shall we say, pleasant encounters.

I went to a home game of theirs at the Azteca a few years back as my missus is from Mexico City. It was against Tigres who are from a rival city (Monterrey) and there was no trouble at all.

As an aside, how are a Mexican club the most well supported football team in the US?

4 hours ago, GlobalVillan said:

As an aside, how are a Mexican club the most well supported football team in the US?

Large amount of football teams in the US are extremely young, and while the game is growing in popularity, the home league is considered to be more of a "minor league" so to say.  You might say it's Inter Miami right now, but truly it's just Messi. For fans of a club, it's definitely Club America as the most popular, being easily the most successful club domestically and in continental competitions here. Also, a large amount of football fans in the US are either dual nationalist with Mexico, Mexican's here on a work visa, or 2nd/3rd generation and still support their dad's/grandfather's team.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, GlobalVillan said:

It's pre-season. They have to play warm up games as they are professional athletes.

If they didn't play them overseas then they would still need to play them. What's 8 hours in business class gonna do to tire them out more?

I get that....it just sounds a bit contradictory at times.

On 25/05/2024 at 20:23, Nor-Cal Villan said:

👍👍Jealous.

noticed you live in South Carolina. Where are you located? Born & raised in Asheville, NC, family still there. Lived first 26 years of my life in North Cackalacky 

Rock Hill, SC 20 mins from charlotte, NC!

On 26/05/2024 at 15:32, OhioVilla said:

I bet! my missus is Mexican so i know all about them!!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dom_Wren said:

I bet! my missus is Mexican so i know all about them!!

My missus is Mexican too. From Mexico City. Her first game was when I took her to the at the Azteca for an Americas game. Her 2nd game was Southampton away when Smith got sacked. Lol.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dom_Wren said:

Rock Hill, SC 20 mins from charlotte, NC!

Nice! Been through there countless times over the years. Home of Winthrop University and legendarily mentioned in Chuck Berry’s Promised Land 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

Nice! Been through there countless times over the years. Home of Winthrop University and legendarily mentioned in Chuck Berry’s Promised Land 

I played soccer at and graduated from Winthrop!

23 hours ago, GlobalVillan said:

My missus is Mexican too. From Mexico City. Her first game was when I took her to the at the Azteca for an Americas game. Her 2nd game was Southampton away when Smith got sacked. Lol.

Mine is from a tiny proper mexican village in the state of Puebla, but you fly into mexico city! its nuts that place but def want to do a america game at azteca!

1 hour ago, Dom_Wren said:

I played soccer at and graduated from Winthrop!

As a college 🏀 hoops junkie I know more about & have watched more Winthrop than is normal 🤣

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

As a college 🏀 hoops junkie I know more about & have watched more Winthrop than is normal 🤣

Back in the day, when i was a freshman was greg marshalls first year! ive got some stories about him!! but he was a funny guy!!

Â