Microsoft Office

sidcow

So under a deal through work I bought office 2016 for a knockdown price in..... 2016. 

I'm buying a new laptop and want office on it. 

I can find details of how I got the 2016 office but I can't see it in my past purchases on the Microsoft site 

All I can get now from work is a slightly reduced 365 subscription that still a bloody rip off. 

Is there a way I can transfer the 2016 (that I've bloody well paid for!) off my old machine into my new machine? 

Idiot proof instructions needed if it is possible please. 

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Idiot proof instructions needed if it is possible please. 

Can't be done as Microsofts licencing is written by idiots.

You really need to now how the original licens was obtained and given to you though, if you want to transfer it. It's either tied to a login or a code (XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX) Both will require a activation either online or over the phone

• Sad 1

Just now, Tegis said:

Can't be done as Microsofts licencing is written by idiots.

You really need to now how the original licens was obtained and given to you though, if you want to transfer it. It's either tied to a login or a code (XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX) Both will require a activation either online or over the phone

Bloody annoying. I've paid for it, I should be able to use it. 

Assuming you have access to the current device  , I used to have an app that could find the product code for you , think it was called Magic Jelly bean  but there are others

in theory if you have that code you can then Install office 2016 on the new laptop and activate it 

I couldn't see an office 2016 download on Microsoft.com though  , but there are sites that let you download it  .. only thing would be how safe those downloads are so use caution  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, limpid said:

Use Google Docs and stop dealing with this crap.

Or the free one with a normal Microsoft account if one feels very tied to the MS ways

27 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Amazon seems to have various sellers offering cheap Microsoft Office downloads. How is that then? 

The seller makes their money from selling your data or adding your device to their botnet.

• Shocked 1

3 minutes ago, limpid said:

The seller makes their money from selling your data or adding your device to their botnet.

Why the **** are Amazon allowing the sales?

Â