Online Storage to share with others

Genie

Background: One thing I do for my son’s football team is film the games and then create a highlights reel each time (plus share the goal vids). I know I’m a legend right?

Anyway, I usually edit them on my phone and then share in the team parents/coaches chat on Whatsapp. 

The problem with Whatsapp is that it shrinks the file size down by about 90% to save space. A 600mb video goes to about 60mb which makes it quite grainy as you’d expect.

What I want to do alongside this is upload the videos in their full HD quality to a shared drive so people can view/download them in full quality. It’s probably not appropriate to make them public on youtube etc as they’re under 16 and sometimes opposition players have protection orders and things in place.

Does anyone have any recommendations of a good place I could upload, and then link to (ideally password protect) these videos?

Edited by Genie

Sort of... You could upload them to YouTube, but make them private. IIRC there are three settings, 1) Public, 2) not searchable, but if you have the link you can watch it, or 3) it viewable by you and specified individuals. 

Any of those work for you? 

41 minutes ago, Anthony said:

Sort of... You could upload them to YouTube, but make them private. IIRC there are three settings, 1) Public, 2) not searchable, but if you have the link you can watch it, or 3) it viewable by you and specified individuals. 

Did this when my daughter played handball. Uploaded them and put them as "Unlisted". Anyone with the link can view but it's not searchable.

Only problem I ran into was once when they played Cardi B during the breaks, her copyright claims nuked the vid :D word removed

Yeah I'd third the YouTube option.

I do it for my FPL paid league. We do stupid videos around cup draws and fake interviews and stuff (I know, we're **** losers)

but that's how I do it. Upload to YouTube, make them private and then send the link out to the group. Only they can watch it

• Thanks 1

Â