Star Wars - Force Unleashed 360

kidlewis

Do you like the new Star Wars - Force Unleashed game?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the new Star Wars - Force Unleashed game?

• Force is strong with this game
    • It is weak my friend
    • Haven't bought it

Firstly can I just say I am not a huuuge fan of star wars. I do like the original films and from what I have seen of the "new" films the special effects and fight scenes are pretty awesome.

I love my computer games, I used to play counterstrike source in a team and managed to earn a bit of money from it. I have had pretty much ever console going, Amiga 500, Commorode 64, N64, SNES, game gear, PS1, PS2, Xbox, Xbox 360, Game Cube.

This is the first star wars game I have ever bought and I have to say it's bloody awesome.

Visually it's stunning, everything from the scenery to the textures of the skins of people to the way characters move and the AI is pretty decent.

The combat system is very good, you can button mash to your hearts content or you can actually learn different combo's for attacks and force powers.

You can interact with the "cut scenes" when you are fighting a "boss" type character you can press certain buttons to finish them off. (If any of you had the Bourne Consipiracy you will know what I mean)

I think I am at the turning point in the game where you can start to make some decisions, I haven't completed it yet but I really am finding it difficult to find any major flaws.

The only one I have experienced is one level where I kept dying by falling to my death. Each time I had to go back and do 10 minutes worth of force destroying moves, to then fall down the same hole and do it all over again.

If you have a 360 and like action games then get this, you won't be disapointed.

On another note I need some advice from a true star wars fan......

Bearing in mind this was made by Lucas arts and will be staying true to the films and stories and factual information I need to know which lightsaber crystal will be the most powerful.

Gold, Red, Blue, Green, purple, yellow.

I know some are bad and some are good but just need to know which is the best to kick ass with.

anyone else bought it and played it?

i dont know bout this, i played the demo a few times seems the kinda game which would get boring quickly and be easy to finish

but like i said thats just going off the demo, i will probs rent it out 1st for abit

also with the crystals i think the different colours are for different 'classes' of jedi

the jedi who is known to be most skillfull with a lightsaber was mace windu who had a purple saber but i use gold, purely for vanity reasons

I have used all the colours I can get at the moment. Started with red and then to the unstable one. Then went blue and now on Gold. Apparently there is a black one which might make me vomit it will look so evil.

Jedi should have a green or blue lightsaber.

Mace Windu's purple lightsaber was initially thought to signify his use of the Vaapad form of lightsaber combat, which in itself is a technique which can lead to the dark side. In reality the purple lightsaber was the colour that Samuel L Jackson asked for!!!

I have it and I'm not sure what I think?

Looks very pretty but the levels are VERY samey and linear. Follow corridor and fight different monsters the same way and repeat.

Also I am now on the bit where you have to bring the starship down and I have to say it is truly ridiculous. I class myself as quite a hardcore gamer and fairly decent at most things but I have been trying to do this now for approx 3 hours and just cannot get past it! It's not because it is difficult it's just infuriating! My lightening seems to hit everything except what I want it too meaning the ship just rotates back to the starting position.

I have never seen such a boring, infuriating level in a video game in all my life!

What should be one of the most impressive bits of the game has just made me completely bored of it and I will be trading it in towards fifa 09 next week.

Â