David Beckham

Wurzel

On 07/10/2023 at 17:00, Panto_Villan said:

I think it’s easy to forget just how famous the Spice Girls were in that era. She was the bigger celebrity than him when they got together imo, or on an equal footing at the very least.

Not to argue with any of the points you’re making, but I don’t think you can claim she was only famous because she married Beckham (although their wealth probably does mostly comes from him).

That's true, but she also knew she would be irrelevant in a couple of years time because she was completely talentless, whereas DB would have the potential to be famous for the next 40 years. 

23 hours ago, VillaAlex said:

Watching some of the documentary I don't think that is the case.

As @Zatman alluded probably more the shoe horning of other players in the side. 

I've not watched the documentary, as I imagine it is just advertising and PR for brand Beckham, but I remember the rumours from when Scholes quit, and DB was at the centre of them. From the outside, I would tend to believe PS over DB.

On 05/10/2023 at 19:29, Newry_Villan said:

I think Fergie saw right through him and got rid. He then toured Europe's top clubs picking up easy medals. Decent player but over hyped.

Lol, no.

Â