Please sponsor me!Leukaemia Bikeathon - North Worcestershire

roonst83

Hi all,

just wanted to be a bit cheeky and appeal to your good natures.

I am taking part in the North Worcestershire leukaemia 26 mile bikeathon on september 14th 2008 in order to raise some money for leukaemia research. Without wishing to put a sob story onto you all, for those of you who don't know - i was struck down with leukaemia in december 2006 and had a pretty poor prognosis - and was subseqently immediately put down as someone who definately needs a bone marrow transplant. So after 6 months of chemoptherephy (alot of it in an isolated room) , i was transferred from Worcester Royal Hospital to Birmingham QE to have my stem cell (bone marrow) transplant which meant that i was isolated and under intense monitoring for 4 weeks whilst having extremely powerful and destructive chemotherephy and radiotherephy in order to receive my donated cells (from a german donor).

Anyway, since the transplant last july (2007) i have since been recovering at home and am still not working, although am feeling ready for that now - im having constant tests at the QE which are getting less frequant as time goes on and i am in a complete remission (thank God) and feeling great and was especially pleased that i was able to purchase my season ticket again this year - after having to miss alot of last year through my illness.

I am doing this bikeathon because i know that with the money raised it WILL go to a good cause and give more people a chance of surviving this dreadful disease.

Any donations, no matter how big or small will be gratefully accpeted - you may not realise how much you are helping people with leukaemia with your sponsorship money - it does make a difference, trust me.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

For those of you who wish to sponsor me please click here

ps, for those who are unable to donate money then remember you could always donate your blood! :lol:

Cheers lads, really appreciate your kindness.

Hilly - i went with the redditch coach that did a pick up in bromsgrove, used them before and had a good craic! Would like to get in with them for all my away days - decent price, can u pm me their details please? Cheers mate.

ps, Who do u use?

My grandad has recently been diagnosed with leukaemia. I will donate some money tomorrow. (payday tomorrow :lol: ) Good luck mate!

Thankyou very much nath182, much appreciated. Pass on my regards to your grandad, it can be beaten!

Good on you mate. Haven't got my cards on me at the moment but I'll definitely donate at a later point. And I'm not just saying that, if I forget (which could well happen as my memory is still absolutely shocking from my illness), you have my permission to pm me to hassle/remind me.

Where's the ride taking place? (And don't say North Worcestershire!)

Made a small contribution (wish I could give more), best of luck to you mate.

Mate, the fact you have gone out of your way to give something atall to me shows what a decent guy you obviously are. Many thanks, it is gratefully received i can assure you.

Good on you mate. Haven't got my cards on me at the moment but I'll definitely donate at a later point. And I'm not just saying that, if I forget (which could well happen as my memory is still absolutely shocking from my illness), you have my permission to pm me to hassle/remind me.

Where's the ride taking place? (And don't say North Worcestershire!)

Thanks alot paddy, appreciate it. ill chase you up if i havnt received anything in the next couple of weeks, cheers.

The race is starting at Mere Hall in Hanbury and the 28 mile route is as follows, l;eaving Mere Hall and heading to...

1. shell mill>>2.inkberrow>>3.earls common>>4.chequers inn crowle>>5.shernal gree>>5.mere hall

To be honest out of the list i only know inkberrow, but i did 17.5 miles (on my first practise run ever) arounf upper bentley, feckinham, handbury etc - and must say with the sun shining it was a great ride.

To be honest out of the list i only know inkberrow, but i did 17.5 miles (on my first practise run ever) arounf upper bentley, feckinham, handbury etc - and must say with the sun shining it was a great ride.

What about Feckenham and Hanbury, did you go there too? :winkold:

Hope it goes well, and like I say, hassle me if my donation isn't forthcoming, I've just forgotten.