Claret & Cub memberships 2023/24

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

Kingman

6 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

But again people who have had season tickets through bad times don't get any reward? No? Doesn't seem reasonable?

Preach.

I do also think the club is partly to blame for that too. Given the 'punishments' they put in a year or two ago about sharing tickets not in your name doesn't really help. If you've had a ST and you know you're not going to make the match, why would the club not want a populated seat? The whole resell thing doesn't sit well with me, not even close.

BUT - I do think there should be something extra for the membership crew, of course.

42 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

But again people who have had season tickets through bad times don't get any reward? No? Doesn't seem reasonable?

Out of interest what do you class as bad times.

I was a STH in the mid 80s when we were shite, I had a break when we actually got better in the 90s, then had one again for MON years and Lambert and Mcleish. 2012 was my last one due to child being born. 

I've had memberships for me and my lad this year cos it's his first year going to proper matches, we've had a blast. Between us we have only missed 2 games (league cup and he missed Ajax cos of school trip). 

We managed to win away ballot for Brighton so was able to buy 2 tickets for that too.

I wouldnt have been able to do most of this without our memberships so was well worth the £60. I've not worked out how much I have spent on tickets this season but I'm guessing it's north of £1700. 

I'm planning the same for next season and have already had to start budgeting for it, not because we might win summat or get champions league but because we have had an amazing time together.

So, in short, I'm a fan of the membership option, but I do think they need to separate the criteria for the big games.

They should also respect the fans that have a season tickets and the ones that manage to travel home and away all the time. I've always preferred away games over the years and winning a ballot was the only way my son could experience that.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

The "reward" element is an interesting one.

These people didn't have to do attend games / buy season tickets through bad times. Why should they be rewarded for doing something they chose to do? Did they purchase those season tickets in the expectation of rewards in 2024/2025?

14 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Bit confused as to why I’ve got an email telling me my membership has expired and offering me a 30% discount when I still have 3 months left. 

Yep I also got that 🤣

The one I got the other day just said it was expiring soon and a 30% discount code. I renewed with the code and it said it will carry on from when the previous one ended, so it wasn't changing the anniversary date

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

It sounds like you got a Fan ID and bought tickets in the general sale window - you need a membership to get them earlier, but you need an ID to get them at all.

Thank you! That makes sense now! 

• Like 2

On 09/05/2024 at 10:14, Talldarkandransome said:

The one I got the other day just said it was expiring soon and a 30% discount code. I renewed with the code and it said it will carry on from when the previous one ended, so it wasn't changing the anniversary date

So I did this and renewed our memberships to July 2025 at 30% discount which seems like a good deal. I’m 3000+ on the ST waiting list so I’m presuming we wont get access to a ST still. I’m just a bit nervous that they’re going to add different layers of membership and maybe I should have held off til they make things clear. I’m presuming they would let me upgrade if I needed to.

7 hours ago, WallisFrizz said:

So I did this and renewed our memberships to July 2025 at 30% discount which seems like a good deal. I’m 3000+ on the ST waiting list so I’m presuming we wont get access to a ST still. I’m just a bit nervous that they’re going to add different layers of membership and maybe I should have held off til they make things clear. I’m presuming they would let me upgrade if I needed to.

Oh you'll have plenty of chances to give them more money. If they change them at all 

Â