Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom

Risso

This probably deserves its own thread now it's here and a few of us are playing it.

I'm finding the initial bit a teensy bit tedious so far. Just getting around anywhere is challenging at the moment, and exploring, which I usually love, isn't much fun I'm finding. All a bit physics-y at the moment, but I will persevere.

1 hour ago, Risso said:

This probably deserves its own thread now it's here and a few of us are playing it.

I'm finding the initial bit a teensy bit tedious so far. Just getting around anywhere is challenging at the moment, and exploring, which I usually love, isn't much fun I'm finding. All a bit physics-y at the moment, but I will persevere.

I started going up to the sky island and then coming back down again, scoping places to visit on the way down (one shrine was awesome, if you do it it involves a whirlpool!) - and then I free or glide to places I see.

D'oh! Totally missed the wing things!  That makes life a million times easier. I thought I was going mad, as there just didn't seem to be a way to get to the temple. Loaded up a saved game, found the wing, 10 seconds later, bob's your uncle. What an arse!

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Dodgyknees said:

About to boot up for a go, but I’ll have to make sure I don’t play too long as I’m back to work in the morning.

so proud of this hovercraft I made 😂

IMG_0897.jpeg

Is it worth spending time building vehicles? I passed by plenty of material sites to build a cart, but went looking for a horse instead (until I got distracted 🙂)

24 minutes ago, AXD said:

Is it worth spending time building vehicles? I passed by plenty of material sites to build a cart, but went looking for a horse instead (until I got distracted 🙂)

Absolutely! I’ve sent a vehicle off to mow down some enemies! 

8 hours ago, Dodgyknees said:

😂

2 hours ago, villarule123 said:

The videos of people torturing the Koroks by strapping them to rockets/cooking them are brilliant. Check them out on twitter. 😂

The game was launched on Friday. It took gamers 1 weekend to resort to torture and penis jokes 😂 

imagine what we’ll see in a few weeks

• Haha 1

Some tips:

Spoiler

the depths, the “tree lights” you find there are directly below shrines above. So find the shrines, stamp the maps and you’ll find the trees 😊

Mining carts on a shield make for amazing skateboards!

as I’ve said above, head back up to the sky lands, and then head down (use a bird, glide, whatever) and then keep opening the map and then use direction pins to add to shrines etc.)

Got some sky tower tips as well if they are needed.

Get as many muddle buds as possible! Perfect for taking down big groups of enemies as they turn against each other when you fire one into a group!

Edited by Dodgyknees

God damn this is good. Put my first couple of hours into it last night and I can't wait to get back into it later.

I will say one thing, you can really tell how much it's pushing the Switch to it's absolute limit. Does anyone else get pretty frequent frame rate drops/texture pops? Thankfully it's not really detracting from how amazing the game is.

Â