Horse Racing - the good, the bad and the ugly

bielesibub

16 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Now I'm torn  😏

There’s a few front runners in the race, so that could go against him but we all know how quick he can burn lesser horses off from the front. I’m thinking of having the reverse forecast with him and Sam brown 

• Like 1

So just stuck 4 various Lucky 15's on varying from win to e/w.. strong fancies to loud e/w shouts.

Will be backing most of them on singles too.. So much for having no involvement today!  😆

One that might be worth getting on now is Cosmic Outlaw 1.05 Kelso. Was 20/1 this morning and already into 12/1. It's a duel CD winner too.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

So just stuck 4 various Lucky 15's on varying from win to e/w.. strong fancies to loud e/w shouts.

Will be backing most of them on singles too.. So much for having no involvement today!  😆

One that might be worth getting on now is Cosmic Outlaw 1.05 Kelso. Was 20/1 this morning and already into 12/1. It's a duel CD winner too.

10/1 now. He doesn’t appeal much to me but eh someone’s confident 

45 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

2.35 Wincanton reverse forecast Frodon/Sam Brown/ Ashtown Lad 

Definately so many in this race with some very good chances. It will be a very interesting renewal for sure.

Edited by AvfcRigo82

16 hours ago, bielesibub said:

For the lucky-15

WINCANTON 14:25 The Big Breakaway

Others for tomorrow: I've gone for 4 folds 25p e/w - treating it like a lottery, if they all win/place, then great if not, tomorrow is another day.

1425    Wincanton    The Big Breakaway (IRE)
1900    Chelmsford     Different Tone (GB)
1358    Gowran Park    Crack The Sky (GB)
1350    Wincanton    Knappers Hill (IRE)

Today's results so far are place, place, place, win, waiting for the result of the 1930.

No goliath on today mate  🤔

Are you still working from one of your systems?

20 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

No goliath on today mate  🤔

Are you still working from one of your systems?

No Goliath today. 😅

i am still working from v5 of my system , once I get myself a bit healthier I’ll get v6 finished. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I would have thought the man with all the winners @sheepyvillian would have been part of it.  ^_^

Ill tell you what I'll do, here's all my picks for today. Volkovka, 13.15 W/canton. Certainly Red, 14.25 W/canton. Coopers Cross, 14.45 A/tree. Djelo,14.10, A/tree. Sergeant Wilko, 12.50 N/castle.

10% commission will do fine.😉😉

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I don’t know it’s it just me or an actual angle but Venetia Williams seems to do very well with horses upped in distance . She’s got one running in the big one at Aintree 2.45 which is being upped in distance . 

You're right. She's another who often seems to land races at big odds when the form of the horse is questionable.

2 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

You're right. She's another who often seems to land races at big odds when the form of the horse is questionable.

Big fan of her and tends to do well around this time of year . Not sure her Cheltenham record is that great but who cares eh. 

• Like 1

What do you as a punter think is more important out of anything ? 

Distance / Going / Class / Handicap mark/ Course form 

for me the main thing is the distance. You either get the distance or you don’t where as I’ve known good ground horses win big races in soft . I give each criteria a % when I try and rate a race up . Trying to figure how by percentages at moment 

7 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

What do you as a punter think is more important out of anything ? 

Distance / Going / Class / Handicap mark/ Course form 

for me the main thing is the distance. You either get the distance or you don’t where as I’ve known good ground horses win big races in soft . I give each criteria a % when I try and rate a race up . Trying to figure how by percentages at moment 

I like previous course form, it's always a factor most of the time when I'm having a look. As long as the fancied selection can get the distance or mildly stepping up in distance too then that's okay. Class comparisons often considered not not a major factor.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

My other selections today 

1.35 Aintree Gentleman At Arms 9/1

2.25 Wincanton Sam Brown 6/1

2.45 Aintree Gesskille 3/1

9/1 won and 3/1 won . My lucky 15 selection beaten by a neck but the winner timed it bang on to nab him on the line so one of them 

Â