240 line(s) at £0.01 per line

12:12 Warwick - Climate Precedent
12:28 Fairyhouse - Zettabyte
12:55 Chelmsford City - Queen Regent
13:12 Lingfield - Queen Aminatu
13:47 Lingfield - Divine Jewel
14:22 Lingfield - How Impressive
16:15 Warwick - Daranova

Today £1.50 down, got £2.72 back. win, place, win, lost.

• Like 2

Decided against Warwick today and going to keep the powder dry until the Cheltenham November Meeting.

Will probably give Aintree and Wincanton a miss on Saturday too (unless there is something really decent that jumps out the card at me). I'd sooner have bigger pot to play with at the Cheltenham November meeting next week!    🤑

2 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Decided against Warwick today and going to keep the powder dry until the Cheltenham November Meeting.

Will probably give Aintree and Wincanton a miss on Saturday too (unless there is something really decent that jumps out the card at me). I'd sooner have bigger pot to play with at the Cheltenham November meeting next week!    🤑

Yeah nothing of interest today. Remember to put up an horse on Saturday if you want to of course 

• Like 1

On 06/11/2023 at 12:42, AvfcRigo82 said:

I see Henrietta Knight is making a come back to training after an 11 year absense.

Hopefully she is granted her new licence before January and we see her back at the winners enclosure by Cheltenham Festival come March.

Many of us will know that she is most famous for being the trainer of 'Best Mate' who won 3 Cheltenham Gold Cups in a row - owned by the late great Jim Lewis who was an avid Villa fan himself.

Best Mate actually ran in Villa colours if I remember correctly?

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Yeah nothing of interest today. Remember to put up an horse on Saturday if you want to of course 

Are we kicking it off this weekend Ruge?  I take it that it's a Saturday thing between us all who have opted in.

But yeah, I'll look for a decent one for our "Winning post bet" for sure mate. :thumb:

1 minute ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Are we kicking it off this weekend Ruge?  I take it that it's a Saturday thing between us all who have opted in.

But yeah, I'll look for a decent one for our "Winning post bet" for sure mate. :thumb:

Yeah mate every Saturday best bet of the day from whoever wants to take part. Usually 5 of us in here .

Mine for tomorrow: (maybe tomorrow I'll finally win something with a goliath bet 🤞

Goliath (Each Way) 

494 line(s) at £0.01 per line

13:40 Musselburgh - Quaresome
14:00 Dundalk - Scorchio << my system has scored this horse much higher than the rest in this race
14:15 Musselburgh - Friary Rock
16:30 Kempton - Sant Alessio
17:25 Dundalk - St Cianans Fire
18:00 Kempton - Blown Away
19:00 Kempton - Clearpoint
19:30 Kempton - Vino Victrix

Today, lost, lost, placed, won, placed, placed, lost, £2.40 down, 47p back. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

Didn't know he had passed. I remember him shouting "up the Villa" after one of Best mate's victories at Cheltenham. 

14 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Yeah, few years ago now sadly. HEITS x 

Sadly it was only this year.....26th February 2023. Adecent innings though, he was 88

1 hour ago, imavillan said:

So it was! Not sure why I thought it was a few years ago. A very good innings like you say.

I remember another race horse owner who was a Villa fan that sadly passed away in the mid 00's was Jean Broadhurst who owned Buena Vista.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

So it was! Not sure why I thought it was a few years ago. A very good innings like you say.

I remember another race horse owner who was a Villa fan that sadly passed away in the mid 00's was Jean Broadhurst who owned Buena Vista.

It was great times being a racing and Villa fan. All those wins at Cheltenham and the Villa colours/scarves flying high.

Some great memories to be hold.

• Like 1

Â