Horse Racing - the good, the bad and the ugly

bielesibub

23 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Because they're robbing sods. 

I think Betfred still offer double the odds on one winner, Not sure about the others.

I think Ladbrokes offer double, they're one of my go too's along with PP and SB.

You always get best odds with Ladbrokes even on an extra place race, unlike SB, who seem to offer extra places with every fecking race.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

Don't be shy with those tips. 😉😉

Cheltenham - previous course winners should not be ignored.

Any horse that can tackle the Cheltenham hill should be kept in consideration.

Anything that has a history of 'falling' might not be suited to the stiff fences in chase races.

Paul Nicholls doesn't have the best of records at Cheltenham.

3 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

I always liked a lucky 15 but it seems a lot of the betting companies are no longer offering double or triple the odds for one winner. 

They are not, which is crap . You basically need a 14/1 winner now to at least get your money back . 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

They are not, which is crap . You basically need a 14/1 winner now to at least get your money back . 

Exactly. I think it's only BF and Lbks who are doing double. I used to love a 30p lucky 15 at 4.50. Most I won was 1200 at a bookmakers in Northfield about 6yrs ago. That was for 3 winners, one of them at 20/1.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sheepyvillian said:

Whye Not in the 2.20 at Ludlow. Always nice to get your first bet of the day.

59 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Hello Judge, get in there. Why didn't I have a double?

41 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Well Educated, 15.20, Carlisle. Come on me Babby!

15 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Neon Moon, you beauty!😁😁

Not sure why you need my tips.. you seem to be in untouchable form yourself..

If anything, I should be asking you!  :D

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Not sure why you need my tips.. you seem to be in untouchable form yourself..

If anything, I should be asking you!  :D

Just one of them days, you know how it goes. Those falls in the 16.05 looked terrible. Mine was the first, unseated the rider, looked like one of the horses took the wrong course which is always a hazard in a novice hurdle race.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sheepyvillian said:

Exactly. I think it's only BF and Lbks who are doing double. I used to love a 30p lucky 15 at 4.50. Most I won was 1200 at a bookmakers in Northfield about 6yrs ago. That was for 3 winners, one of them at 20/1.

I’ve only just started doing lucky 15s regular. Cheap bet with a chance of a nice payout. Even if you do the full 15 quid it’s still cheap imo for all the multiple bets you get. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I’ve only just started doing lucky 15s regular. Cheap bet with a chance of a nice payout. Even if you do the full 15 quid it’s still cheap imo for all the multiple bets you get. 

No doubt. I don't know why I don't do them so much, tbf. Weekend I might. 

Â