Read/Unread Threads look similar

Genie

Question

Not sure if I am alone in this but it seems like recently there has been a font change and the difference between a thread I’m up to date with and one I haven’t look at yet are quite subtle

HXIcrgV.md.jpg

Since typing this up I’ve noticed star / dot at the start of the title but based on the title alone it’s catching me out.

• Like 1

11 answers to this question

Yes, it was brought up in another thread in OT with at least 3 other people having the same experience.

For me it's the same using Firefiox and different desktop/mobile devices. Cache cleared

It seems like read and unread thread titles are both the same colour, font and size but unread are bold. At casual glance they are very similar. 

Maybe the font, size or colour could be tweaked to make it more obvious which are read and which are not.

Thank you. 

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, Genie said:

It seems like read and unread thread titles are both the same colour, font and size but unread are bold. At casual glance they are very similar. 

Maybe the font, size or colour could be tweaked to make it more obvious which are read and which are not.

Thank you. 

I can't tweak anything. I'm surprised that people can't see the difference between bold and not bold, except that they can.

I'm assuming that people can see the difference, but it's less clear on some browsers than it used to be. Is that about right?

• Like 1
Just now, limpid said:

I can't tweak anything. I'm surprised that people can't see the difference between bold and not bold, except that they can.

I'm assuming that people can see the difference, but it's less clear on some browsers than it used to be. Is that about right?

Yes, I’m not suggesting they are the same. I’m suggesting it’s not as obvious as it was before to me (and others it seems) have casually opened threads thinking there was new content when there wasn’t.

• Thanks 1
5 hours ago, limpid said:

Exactly this for me using chrome on Galaxy s22.

Used to be obvious. Now it's very subtle. The difference seems to be the non bold font looks wider and more bold than it used to. Making it look more like the bold font, whilst the bold font doesn't appear to have changed.

• Like 2