Who Are Ya - Guess the Footballer

Rds1983

47 minutes ago, NoelVilla said:

I got it in 7. First one I got right but haven't tried that many times.

I only got it in 2 because:

Spoiler

I always start with McGinn which massively narrowed it down.Β 

Β 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Β  Hide contents

Β 

Wait what?

Who did you have as the answer?

Spoiler

I had Umtiti but not sure how McGinn narrows that down :D

Β 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Β  Reveal hidden contents

Β 

We didn't have the same one then.

Spoiler

Umtiti Barcelona

Β 

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Wait what?

Who did you have as the answer?

Β  Reveal hidden contents

I had Umtiti but not sure how McGinn narrows that down :D

Β 

I had

Spoiler

Coutinho. So knew it was a Villa, MF over 26.

Weird you're getting different people to me.Β 

Edited by Rds1983
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Rds1983 said:

I had

Β  Hide contents

Coutinho. So knew it was a Villa, MF over 26.

Weird you're getting different people to me.Β 

It's happened before. Once the answer was Moutinho and my mate couldn't understand how we were all getting it right.

He had some french Ligue 1 youngster called Diaby

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

It's happened before. Once the answer was Moutinho and my mate couldn't understand how we were all getting it right.

He had some french Ligue 1 youngster called Diaby

It's why I told people to give it a go today. Wonder if it's because I'm on a VPN?Β 

33 minutes ago, danvilla87 said:

Hey, this is my first post so go easy on me but as soon as I saw this thread I just had to join. I'm the guy that made Who Are Ya and a few other football wordleΒ style games. I'm a big villa fan and I've been a long time lurker on VillaTalk. It's amazing seeing my game made it on to a forum that I've read for years and it's even more special to me knowing that Villa fans are enjoying it.

While I'm here as well, I thought I'd clear up some of the questions you have asked. The players refresh every day based on your location, so if your VPN is pointing to another country you will see players based on that timezone. As for the Diaby mix up that was a genuine mistake on my part and as soon as I realised it was a largely unknown player I switched him. Unfortunately it meant that some people in the timezones in front of the UK had the unknown player, as well as those that already had the player cached on their browser.

I don't know whether some of you have noticed but I've began to roll out additional leagues as I'm aware that there are football fans with different levels of knowledge around Europe. It's also my goal to eventually move into clubs themselves and obviously the first club I do will be Villa!

HI mate,

Β 

great to have you on the site!
Not a complaint but just letting you know that another player mix up happened today. My friends had Adama Traore for their player but I had Tchouameni from Monaco

Β 

Enjoy the game though. Love the "Who were ya?" addition too!

11 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

HI mate,

Β 

great to have you on the site!
Not a complaint but just letting you know that another player mix up happened today. My friends had Adama Traore for their player but I had Tchouameni from Monaco

Β 

Enjoy the game though. Love the "Who were ya?" addition too!

Hey, thanks for letting me know, that's a strange one.

Traore was the very first player on game day 1, maybe your friends have loaded the page by a direct link to the first game day as I fairly recently added the ability to go back to previous days. If that isn't the case, then perhaps they've somehow not got the latest version of the code. If it does happen again ask them to try and refresh the page and if it still doesn't work maybe try it in incognito or private browsing mode. It's something I'll keep an eye on.

Really glad you love the games, the Where Were Ya game is a new one that I've made and people seem to enjoy too.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, danvilla87 said:

Hey, thanks for letting me know, that's a strange one.

Traore was the very first player on game day 1, maybe your friends have loaded the page by a direct link to the first game day as I fairly recently added the ability to go back to previous days. If that isn't the case, then perhaps they've somehow not got the latest version of the code. If it does happen again ask them to try and refresh the page and if it still doesn't work maybe try it in incognito or private browsing mode. It's something I'll keep an eye on.

Really glad you love the games, the Where Were Ya game is a new one that I've made and people seem to enjoy too.

I did have a sneaky suspicion that there was a villa connection given the who were ya answer today ;)Β 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I did have a sneaky suspicion that there was a villa connection given the who were ya answer today ;)Β 

Haha, I try to include Villa as much as I can without it being too obvious as there's lots of people from around the world that play the games. In this instance I asked for help picking the players on Where Were Ya from a friend (also a Villa fan). I also got a bit of stick for including the relegated villa side on another game called missing11, which is hereΒ if you want to give it a go. This is my favourite game out of the lot as I grew up playing a similar game that Sky Sports used to do.

• Like 1

On 05/04/2022 at 20:31, danvilla87 said:

Hey, this is my first post so go easy on me but as soon as I saw this thread I just had to join. I'm the guy that made Who Are Ya and a few other football wordleΒ style games. I'm a big villa fan and I've been a long time lurker on VillaTalk. It's amazing seeing my game made it on to a forum that I've read for years and it's even more special to me knowing that Villa fans are enjoying it.

While I'm here as well, I thought I'd clear up some of the questions you have asked. The players refresh every day based on your location, so if your VPN is pointing to another country you will see players based on that timezone. As for the Diaby mix up that was a genuine mistake on my part and as soon as I realised it was a largely unknown player I switched him. Unfortunately it meant that some people in the timezones in front of the UK had the unknown player, as well as those that already had the player cached on their browser.

I don't know whether some of you have noticed but I've began to roll out additional leagues as I'm aware that there are football fans with different levels of knowledge around Europe. It's also my goal to eventually move into clubs themselves and obviously the first club I do will be Villa!

Welcome to the forum and well done for venturing outside of On Topic so soon.Β 

Thought I should say hello seeing as I started the thread.Β 

It's a good game. Very enjoyable. Good luck with it all going forwards.Β 

13 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

Welcome to the forum and well done for venturing outside of On Topic so soon.Β 

Thought I should say hello seeing as I started the thread.Β 

It's a good game. Very enjoyable. Good luck with it all going forwards.Β 

Thanks for the welcome and for the best wishes. I'm really glad you enjoy playing it.

9 minutes ago, danvilla87 said:

Thanks for the welcome and for the best wishes. I'm really glad you enjoy playing it.

Certainly testing my limits of the Bundesliga and Ligue 1.Β 

Γ—
Γ—
Γ‚