Giants News

kkr

Yes they have been all week, how about you?

The last second come from behind wins are more exhilerating for sure, but we have had more than our fair share this season! Heart can only take so much so lets blow them out and make it a real new years celebration!

I'll take a win however it might come though.

Ralph Vacchiano @TheBlueScreen 5m

Weather update for tonight: Forecast calling for some rain, winds of 15-20 mph and gusts over 30 at the Meadowlands. #NYG

Yes they have been all week, how about you?

The last second come from behind wins are more exhilerating for sure, but we have had more than our fair share this season! Heart can only take so much so lets blow them out and make it a real new years celebration!

I'll take a win however it might come though.

Quite relaxed for some reason. Probably because this was nothing I expected at the start. I did predict 8-8 though so lets hope that doesn't happen.

Having the season wrecked by Orton, both for us and against us, would suck spectacularly though.

Yeah Orton would have royally **** it up for you if he is to come back there and get a win after being not so great earlier this season when starting for your team.

I will be supporting Tebow because i think he is ace.

I suppose another late game comeback would be hilarious to end Dallas season but i think they are going to give a great showing of themselves today, hopefully we can get to Romo and force some mistakes whilst playing turnover free football then we should win.

Should never have been close this one and we let them back in there in the 3rd quarter before finally putting our foot on thier throats and choking them out.

Your 2011 NFC East Champions, The New York Football Giants.

487202213.jpg

Some end of the season Giants stats and notes

MarshallOnMontana : 1/1/2012 11:36 pm

- Eli Manning finishes the year with 29 TD's 16 INTs and an absurd 4,933 passing yards. He set an NFL record with his 15th 4th quarter td pass in a single season

- Victor Cruz finishes with 82 catches for 1,536 yards and 9 TDs. 3rd in the NFL in receiving yardage. His 18.7 YPC is the 2nd best in NFL history for a player with 80 or more catches. Only Tory Holt in 2000 ranked higher.

- Hakeem Nicks finishes with 76 catches for 1,192 yards and 7 TDs.

- The Giants finished the season with 48 sacks, just 2 sacks away from the NFL lead. They did this despite Justin Tuck's issues and Osi missing half the season.

- Osi finished his season with 9 sacks in 9 games

- JPP finished his season with 16.5 sacks

- The Giants now have a 5 game win streak vs the Cowboys when Tony Romo starts. The Giants have beaten Dallas 7 of the last 9 times since the 2007 playoff game.

- For the first time since 1996 and 1997, the Giants defense had 30+ takeaways in back to back seasons

Eli was just 1 TD shy of 30 passing TD's.

eclipz928 : 12:05 am

It's significant because going into this season only 9 other QB's in NFL history have ever had back-to-back seasons with 30+ passing TD's.

pat hanlon @giantspathanlon 7m

Gilbride's Revenge! #Giants

That's regarding beating the sons of the guy who lamped him in the head, in back to back weeks.

Rachel Nichols @Rachel__Nichols 21m

Victor Cruz saw Laurent Robinson after the game. Told him if he wants to do his salsa TD celebration, he needs to take some dance lessons.

Dez Bryants was horrible the last game too!

24/33, 346 yards, 3TD's, 0 INT's, 72.72 completion %, 10.48ypa, 136.68 rating.

All purpose stats there, with the season on the line and needing a win or your done Eli, with a fair bit of help from Cruz puts up numbers like that.

The defensive shutout was the most important part of the win today, followed by the big rushing day also. Most importantly of all though, no turnovers!

NFL Network @nflnetwork 2h

RT @AlbertBreer: Anyone looking for a redux of Packers-Giants Freezer Bowl... Forecast for next Sunday in GB: High of 21, chance of snow.

Â