Giants News

kkr

NotoriousOHM Ohm Youngmisuk

RT @meanbarb: B.J. Raji on Giants OLIne: "Not to say they’re soft. But it’s not the toughest group I’ve been against." #Giants

1 minute ago Favorite Retweet Reply

“I don’t think their tight ends are in a position to say too much.They’re not the best players at that position we’ve seen,” Raji said.

I'm just going to enjoy the rest of this season whatever happens now. With the injures we've had, shit we've had to put up with, there's no way we ever thought we'd be in the NFC game!

We owe San Fran payback for 2002 and we owe Baltimore back for 2000? Maybe this year? Who knows. :D

IF! If we won it all then Coughlins record would pretty much be identical to Parcells, he would try and defend it to surpass the great coach for sure.

I'm so happy the Saints and Pack are out though! A real triumph for not being able to win with shit defenses!

I'm so wasted right now!

JPP wreaking havoc more subtly against the pack:

"Pierre-Paul was pushing me and our offense is timing," Finley said. "Then he'd go rush. I'd say a dozen times. I got pushed on the ground two or three times."

What's your feeling on Fewell now?

These last 4 games have been incredible. The last 2 especially. 20 points we've given up against ATL and GB and let's be honest, there's a decent arguement to say 14 of those never should've happened. Seems to be really getting it done in the playoffs, like Spags did.

With everyone fit he has put them in a position to excel, whereas when we had injuries i think he was trying to overcompensate too much and no one had a clue of their responsibilities. Part of this would be down to the youthfulness of the squad especially the LB unit.

The defense has been simplified and is really playing at an elite level. Id attribute that to getting healthy, simplifying things and mainly playing our best players, only blending the youth in sparingly rather than relying on them a lot like we did to start the season.

The return of Chase Blackburn was huge and Boley getting healthy was huge, he has been playing at a pro bowl level the past few weeks.

Time to step it up further and increase the intensity further. We have been playing a lot more of press man and challenging the receivers, we need to do the same with the 49ers and then chip and double Vernon Davis a lot.

Tampa reportedly want to speak to Fewell for the HC position, i hope they are waiting a few weeks yet! Although if we did make the Super Bowl then he could always interview in the week of the pro bowl, but only early in the week!

As for Sunday, i really think this game is going to be a lot harder than the last few, just because of the 49ers front 7 and intensity levels on D. If we can keep Eli upright and give him some time though, the backend of their defense isnt as scary as their front end.

They can hit though, ask Pierre Thomas! That aggression also led to a few huge plays for the Saints so hopefully our WR corps will burn them just like they have every team these past few games.

Last game we kept them to 4 FG's going into the 4th quarter until Boley went out injured and then we had the blown coverage (Greg Jones) TD to Davis and then the Kendal Hunter run in the 4th, which looked like a blown assignment (Kiwi)as well after the turnover from Mario running the wrong route.

We were without Bradshaw, Blackburn and Beatty was still at LT. The line has improved since then but it will need to play a lot better to match the 49ers intensity and give Eli time.

Our D is better than the Saints and at its healthiest. If we slow their run game then we will have them in an ideal position. Chase Blackburns return to the lineup has really been invaluable and helped Fewell also, we needed a veteran presence in there.

The 9ers stole a possession with an onside kick last game also, in the 2nd quarter, so we need to be aware of this and other snide bullshit on special teams at all times. Expect a flea flicker, some reverses and other nonsense on offense too. Basically pulling out all the stops.

Some interesting notes from the last game :

- Carlos Rogers’ All-Pro credentials took a bit of a beating in this game. Despite getting a pair of interceptions he scored a -1.8 on the day, thanks largely to giving up eight receptions for 108 yards, and being the beneficiary of a bit of luck on his interceptions.

- On throws under pressure in this game Eli Manning completed 71.4% of his passes. Handy, since he was under pressure more or less constantly.

I think its a tougher game, but again i think the matchup favors us ever so slightly. Key to the game will be matching their intensity level early and taking the crowd out the game by being able to move the ball through the air, use the pass to open the run and then let Bradshaw and Jacobs pound us home. Turnover free would be ideal.

So long as the D maintains its level of play then i think we can slow their run game and keep everything in front of us. Same approach this week as last, their offense and Alex Smith have been doubted all year but they get it done. Keep them to FGs like we did for 3 quarters last time before injuries and blown plays were a factor.

If we are smart but aggressive on offense we will have a great chance. Its Hoculi as the ref also so if he can call it fair then that would be great too.

Ball security and energy/intensity. Cannot wait.

All in!

Herzlich is back on the practice field today, only guy not practicing is Bradshaw which is typical as he takes wed and thu off. On the injury report are: Ahmad Bradshaw, Mark Herzlich, Justin Tuck, Osi Umenyiora, Corey Webster.

Most of them limited as a precautionary measure i reckon.

Â