Giants News

kkr

In typical Giants fashion we'll probably let him go and hope somebody steps up from within to replace him.

JERNIGAN!!!  :lol:

Dan Connor arrested in Philly airport for possession of a switchblade apparently.  :suspect:

5 year/$43m/$15.6m guaranteed.

I'm happy with that.

Compared with the contracts signed by other big-name receivers this off-season, it begins to look like chicken feed. Despite recording just 801 yards and three touchdowns last season, Dwayne Bowe signed a five-year, $56 million deal with the Kansas City Chiefs that pays him an additional $10 million in guaranteed money.

In the past two seasons, Greg Jennings hasn't played a full 16-game schedule or surpassed 1,000 yards in a season, but he still commanded a five-year contract from the Minnesota Vikings that will pay him an average of $11 million per season.

Edited by kurtsimonw

• 3 weeks later...

Art Stapleton & #8207;@art_stapleton 1h
#NYG Camp Eye Openers Wk 1: Rueben Randle, Prince Amukamara, Aaron Ross, Cullen Jenkins, Damontre Moore, Jacquian Williams

Art Stapleton & #8207;@art_stapleton 59m
#NYG Camp Sleepers for 53 Week 1: Trumaine McBride, Kyle Bosworth, Selvish Capers

Sam Madison is back with the team also in a coaching capacity for the duration of camp.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Positives: First 5 minutes aside Eli looked great and very in sync with Cruz and Randle, Myers too. Defense looked really, really good. Only 22 of the 36 points came against them and even then that doesn't tell the full story. DBs looked absolutely brilliant and that unit excites me for this season.

Negatives: Running backs. That's really it. Depth at LB is a bit of an issue, but we seriously need another back. The fact that Eli has the most rushing yards on our roster and our punter is 4th says an awful lot.

I'm not going to overreact over a fluke game, there was FAR more good than bad, in my opinion. This game was 100% on the RBs for me.

^ I agree. D looked solid, and much better against the run than last year. Offence took a while to get going and looked rusty, but Cruz and Eli came up trumps to get us back in it.

CWebb looked his old self, Prince was predictably reliable and I was impressed with Mundy. Notable mentions for Pugh and Randle too, who both did well. 

We need a running back, clearly. Jacobs?

Edited by adz.villa

Im getting over it now and im actually pretty encouraged from what i saw last night.

The fumbles and turnovers are correctable but even with 5 we were driving down there for the win until a fluke deflection ended it.

First pick terrible throw on first play of the season, well played by Dallas as then blew the screen up.  Second pick ball high, but looked like the intended receiver was contacted before the ball got there.  Wilson's fumble's are just from playing soft and not being alert on every play, he is a dumb **** but he will learn.  The ST fumble was Randle's fault for not letting the team know he was waving it off, not catching it and that there was a live ball about to be pinging around.

Few penalties while the oline settles in together.  Correctable.

The good?  Eli, Nicks, Cruz, Randle (punt fumble aside), Pugh, Brewer all had good games.  Eli started slow but everyone knew he was driving down to win it there at the end, sadly a fluke tipped ball ended the comeback.

Pleasing that the D was getting pressure and making stops at the end there to get Eli the ball back despite terrible TOP 22:50 - 37:10.  JPP first game back after back surgery looked no where near fit but still disruptive and with the sack.

Overall D performance was very good actually considering TOP and 6 turnovers they held Dallas to 23 points off 4 turnovers with two defensive scores (one failed 2 pt try).  Like the depth at DT and corner.  T2 coming back and playing so well was brilliant, but Ross spelled Amukamara well too.  Hopefully the concussion isnt serious and we have him back for next weeks shootout.  Rolle and Mundy looked solid at safety and Webster completely shutdown Dez Bryant so that was great to see.

Connor looked decent and Dallas did a lot more to us with Herzlich in there so hopefully that injury isnt serious too.

We are working out a load of backs tomorrow of which Jacobs and McGahee will be involved.  I would rather Jacobs as he knows the system and could beat some sense into Wilson, plus MCGahee has fumbilitis too!

From BBI:

Last night Eli and Cruz connected on their 7th career touchdown toss of 70+ yards as a combo. That is the most of at least that distance by any QB-WR combo since the merger. And this was only game 1 of year 3 for them playing together. They are one back of the all time record if you include pre-merger...

Entire NFL history
1. Unitas to Moore (8 over 8 seasons)
2. Hadl to Alworth (8 over 6 seasons)
3. Manning to Cruz (7 over 2 seasons and one game)

Michael Vick to Desean Jackson is the 2nd best active combo with 3 such scores.

It's not hyperbole to say Manning to Cruz is quickly becoming the most dangerous big play combo perhaps of all time

• Like 1

Â