Trains

tomav84

FYI just seen this. This affects anyone looking to get the train to either Selhurst or Thornton Heath

https://www.southernrailway.com/travel-information/plan-your-journey/london-victoria-closures

There will be no trains between East Croydon and London Victoria on:

• Saturday 27 to Sunday 28 November

2 hours ago, MNVillan said:

Any recommendations on the best way to get to Selhurst? We’ll be coming from near Buckingham Palace.

I’ll try to figure it out myself, but will also take any tips.

If the above is true it’s abit of a ball bag. 

But you could go via London Bridge. Victoria (tube) - green park (tube) - London Bridge (train) - Norwood junction - walk to the ground 

probably the route I’ll take. Will let you know where London lions are going to be drinking. Can come with us. 🙌🏼

• Like 1

15 hours ago, MNVillan said:

Any recommendations on the best way to get to Selhurst? We’ll be coming from near Buckingham Palace.

I’ll try to figure it out myself, but will also take any tips.

get yourself to london bridge station, there are trains running from there to norwood junction which is also close to the ground. there's a few pubs around the london bridge area too, but not much around norwood junction that will admit away fans

or get an uber. it wont be silly money

On 23/11/2021 at 14:27, spiezels said:

But you could go via London Bridge. Victoria (tube) - green park (tube) - London Bridge (train) - Norwood junction - walk to the ground 

probably the route I’ll take. Will let you know where London lions are going to be drinking. Can come with us. 🙌🏼

I would 100% take you up on meeting up.

Our hotel is right near Victoria 

17 minutes ago, MNVillan said:

Unless I’m being stupid (and there is a distinct possibility of that), it looks like the Southern Line goes from London Bridge to Norwood Junction?

you are correct. get yourself to london bridge by tube then southern line from there. its the only station near the ground you can get the train to saturday

• Like 1

Live local and Norwood Junction is the obvious choice given the situation on the other line. Local pubs (and there are only three) are home fans only although a number of Newcastle fans collected outside a VERY SMALL craft beer outlet, not a pub more like someone’s front room but they seemed happy enough.a couple of weeks ago. Probably better to drink in central area although there is an Aldi just outside the station if you want to avoid ‘London prices’. Then 5 minutes to the ground. Sainsbury’s at the ground will close a couple of hours before kick off.e

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, smg said:

Live local and Norwood Junction is the obvious choice given the situation on the other line. Local pubs (and there are only three) are home fans only although a number of Newcastle fans collected outside a VERY SMALL craft beer outlet, not a pub more like someone’s front room but they seemed happy enough.a couple of weeks ago. Probably better to drink in central area although there is an Aldi just outside the station if you want to avoid ‘London prices’. Then 5 minutes to the ground. Sainsbury’s at the ground will close a couple of hours before kick off.e

how strict is this enforced? do they check tickets to make sure you're home fans?

I don’t know for sure but I I have seen doorman outside the Albion so assume they do, the one outside the station the Cherry tree states it ‘does not welcome away fans ‘ (nice) so I expect they do as well . Can’t find anything about the third one other than they use plastic glasses on match days.

On 23/11/2021 at 20:27, spiezels said:

Yep, that's what I did a couple of years ago. 

Â