Spanish parking ticket, do I have to pay?

tinker

Just received a ticket on a hire car after parking road side in Spain, come back to ticket stuck to the screen for €100 if I pay now or €200 if I leave it for 2 weeks. Should I pay, has Brexit changed the fine systems hold over UK law, to say I'm pissed is an understatement only thr hire cars were tickets with Spanish private cars left alone. 

tbh i thought it was as @Risso said where the car hire company pay it from your card that they have on file + they charge you something like €50 admin fee for processing it 

anecdotally ,  I received one in Italy back in around 2011, the hire car company just passed on my info to the parking company and said it was nothing to do with them 

I think mine was the Italian version of the cowboys that run a lot of UK car parks  ... anyhow after the 7th letter , which came from the ECJ threatening me with extradition  :crylaugh: , they gave up   

• 5 weeks later...

I paid it over there via their website after an aborted attempt to pay it at the post office, they only accepted cash ( charged €5 handling fee) and the ATM charge in the post office was €6.5. 😭

Â