What is Anti-Semitism?

Jareth

53 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

What does this argument even mean? Isn't it just the same argument as saying if you are british and weren't at the marches the other day you acquiesce? Because you haven't made a public declaration? I condemn a lot of things on VT that I wont be making a public declaration on. Does that mean I'm also in this group of acquiessence? I'm not sure of the point you're trying to make.

Soft Power is surely often the least problematic.

Why would supporters of them condemn them? - they're supporters of them.

I'm obviously pretty vocal on this site about bias in the media. And I don't believe there is much healthy criticism in our media of the state of Israel either, but then I obviously don't agree with the absolutisms in your post and if im really honest, I flat out dislike the puppet masters of fleet street inference. It's just massively oversimplifying the situation and I can see little reason to do so other than to continually 'not get' what people are saying to you about the way you're choosing to word your posts. Our intelligence communities, Industrial Military Complexes and so on are interwoven. There's a shared agenda on the international stage. None of that suggests a controlling hand from the end of the Med. That we have built a world of global information corporations has little to do with the condemnation (or not) of Israel.

There's a lesson there in where the real power lies in our political system but I don't think it's the one you're trying to make.

When though?

Just because it looks like there is a strong establishment in Israel, does not mean inference of some old trope - the point was about the establishment in Israel. So strong is the establishment there that they can currently at least, withstand the fact that Netanyahu in his own words, channeled funds and support to Hamas. Can you imagine if Sunak funded a mass terrorist atrocity on UK soil? I've no idea how long Netanyahu will last, we'll see. 

Less OT - On the rest of the UK calling for a ceasefire, but England not - it might be about where the power in the UK lies - but it's also about public opinion. A recent YouGov poll had it at 76% for a ceasefire. 

But hands up - my posts were sloppy - offensive. I would re-word if going there again. 

Edited by Jareth

1 hour ago, magnkarl said:

Again, you seem to add so much weight to a personal story from one or two Jews about being called radical by someone else. This woman lives in a liberal democracy and has no one 'silencing her'. She has every right to say what she likes, and everyone else has a right to challenge her. The mere case of her being allowed to write a badly worded article in both one of Germany's and Britain's largest rags suggests otherwise. If she's offended by being asked to defend her standpoint, then I'm not sure why she's so keen on broadcasting it.

I don't know why you keep trying to generalise whole Jewish populations based on one-offs you've heard, this lady does not speak for every Jew in Germany. You seem to struggle with the concept of people having different views even if they're from the same ethnic group.

The only thing radical about this saga is that a lot of people on the left and right have issues separating Jews from Israel, even if they like myself have never even been to Israel and have no need to ever go there. Jews don't need to be hassled by pro-Hamas\Islamic fundamentalists\far left lunatics when out and about and we don't need to be defended by Tommy bloody Robinson who espouses many of the views that almost wiped out our kind in the 1930-40's. I don't know why it's so hard to understand. Hate crime against Jews in London is up over a 1000% since this 'war' started, I think you need to have a think about these things, likely while talking with someone about what racism is because you seem to misunderstand what almost everyone replying to you are saying.

I thought I'd stated at the start that it was a clearly partial POV, and that there were lots of Jewish perspectives in the UK? I thought it was an interesting article - if you have a counter article from another perspective, I'd like to see that too. 

• 2 weeks later...

The whoppers are out in force targeting Jews in Western democracies because they can't figure out the difference between a Jew and Israel.

Here's some fine examples:

It appears academia is severely infected with racists, which makes it even more paradoxical.

Coincidentally the Jewish school where my granddaughter attends have now got a fairly steady crowd of people essentially keeping people like the above away, many of the people helping are Muslims and normal people, which is great to see.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

The whoppers are out in force targeting Jews in Western democracies because they can't figure out the difference between a Jew and Israel.

Here's some fine examples:

It appears academia is severely infected with racists, which makes it even more paradoxical.

Coincidentally the Jewish school where my granddaughter attends have now got a fairly steady crowd of people essentially keeping people like the above away, many of the people helping are Muslims and normal people, which is great to see.

The like was for the last paragraph. There are good people.

59 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

many of the people helping are Muslims and normal people,

Sorry the only reason for the quote was that made me laugh out loud. In quite incendiary times, that was funny, but we all knew what you meant.

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Sorry the only reason for the quote was that made me laugh out loud. In quite incendiary times, that was funny, but we all knew what you meant.

Haha, yeah. I meant to point out that there are also Muslims who see the outright racism on this, and that they wholeheartedly deserve praise for it. :) 

Badly worded..

I particularly enjoy the 'first our media, then our guvernement, now our delikatessens!' considering the delikatessens in the US are often owned by people who are Jews, and the word is Jiddish..

Edited by magnkarl
  • Like 1

Â