Tour de France 2020

maqroll

Really happy this is being held right now.  A sense of normalcy. 

Tough luck for Perez today, would have had his first Jersey tonight.

Where is Nairo Quintana?

Alaphilipe is my pick. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, maqroll said:

Dirty maneuver by Sagan at the finish line. He looks lost this tour. Excellent stage. 

I  won't condone it at all (frankly given recent events he's lucky he was only relegated imo); I can't help but feel the selfie sticks (and bollards/advertising hoardings holding back the crowd control barriers) being stuck out into the road can't have helped matters either.  Thankfully Van Aert's handling skills are something else because that could have gotten very bad very quickly.

Just watched it dumbfounded (though that's probably more down to toddler-inflicted-sleep-deprivation), heck of a turnaround.

Did someone forget their ketones with their wetabix this morning?

And fair play to Porte to finally getting a podium finish (cue him spontaneously combusting on the Champs tomorrow or something!)

• Like 1

Tasmanian here. He is from Launceston well I think he is so there is a bit north south divide. Having said that congratulations MR PORTE. Crashing out in Brazil it has been a long  time and amazing effort. My deaf and blind cat who is asleep beside me says, well not a lot. But trust me me we are equally stoked. 👍

Great Tour. Very happy for Ritchie Porte. What a ride from Progacar on Saturday. Possessed. Bennett dominant from the first stage. They breed fast bike riders in Carrick-on-Suir, apparently.

What a treat to watch every stage of this. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, maqroll said:

They breed fast bike riders in Carrick-on-Suir, apparently.

Sean Kelly - top cyclist and commentator on Eurosport. His excellent comments often spoilt by some idiot called Carlton Kirby.

Â