Weekends Football 16/18 August

andykeenan

28 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Have to say, Tammy doesn't look great at this level. 

I'm not sure that he is premier league quality. On the other hand I think Mason Mount is.

I'm enjoying Sky and BT putting up highlights pretty much as soon as a match has finished (even the 3pm kick offs). MOTD is too much of a chore these days, terrible commentators and even worse punditry and 'analysis'. Happy to bypass it entirely.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I'm enjoying Sky and BT putting up highlights pretty much as soon as a match has finished (even the 3pm kick offs). MOTD is too much of a chore these days, terrible commentators and even worse punditry and 'analysis'. Happy to bypass it entirely.

I don't mind MOTD but it's main advantage is the highlights are usually longer and more comprehensive.

That's basically the inly reason to choose them though. It used to be they were the first place you could see highlights, but when Sky Sports have the highlights so early these days there's less and less point.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I don't mind MOTD but it's main advantage is the highlights are usually longer and more comprehensive.

That's basically the inly reason to choose them though. It used to be they were the first place you could see highlights, but when Sky Sports have the highlights so early these days there's less and less point.

I watched MOTD yesterday using this exact logic. I wanted to show my brother the highlights, but wanted to make sure he saw all the chances we had.

Ironically, the 3 minute PL highlights (on DAZN but I think it's the standard official PL one) shows way more chances in our game for both teams. Have no idea what MOTD was showing now that I think of it. And then the "analysis" was lazy BS. All they did was take all of 3 minutes to highlight a couple of times that Bournemouth got near our box, to castigate us. It's like they didn't watch the match at all.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Keyblade said:

All they did was take all of 3 minutes to highlight a couple of times that Bournemouth got near our box, to castigate us. It's like they didn't watch the match at all.

My favourite part was Danny Murphy's excellent summation of our second half exploits: "Well, they tried to get back in; but it wasn't enough".  Thanks, glad we got that out of the way so we can spend 4 minutes rewatching David Beckham's halfway line goal from 23 years ago.

• Haha 1

Â