Can I record a film on Netflix and watch weeks later

Robtaylor200

Hi Guys, Me and Mrs T are off on holibobs in a few weeks. We are going for 10 nights and to be honest we dont want to go out every night. Sometimes we are happy with a bottle of wine and stay in or go out very late. Where we are heading the TV shows BBC world news 24 hours a day and is the only English programme and the wifi is very hit and miss

We would like to take my lap top with a few recorded films for this situation. Hence the title of this thread,

Any help please 

Congratulations :) 

You're right, a lot of stuff on Netflix is available to download to your device. Just be aware it doesn't show up as a normal video file on your device, you still have to access it via the Netflix app.

I've used it loads of times and never had an issue so you should be fine.

• Thanks 1

I've found some stuff is region protected, bake off for example I can watch in the UK, can download it in the UK ready to watch in Germany but then Netflix blocks it when I get home

for some annoying reason the Netflix apps have different layouts on each device but theres usually a section under "downloadable" showing you what you can have (that as stevo says there is a "my downloads" section too which is where you find it)

6 hours ago, villa4europe said:

I've found some stuff is region protected, bake off for example I can watch in the UK, can download it in the UK ready to watch in Germany but then Netflix blocks it when I get home

Download the Hola extension for Chrome, and watch Netflix through the browser.  Solved!

I lived in Germany pre-broadband so my Mom would have to send me a pack of videos every month with English TV on!

18 hours ago, villa4europe said:

for some annoying reason the Netflix apps have different layouts on each device but theres usually a section under "downloadable" showing you what you can have (that as stevo says there is a "my downloads" section too which is where you find it)

So I down loaded a film to try it out, all is fine. But I cant actually find out where it has gone. I have explored my Downloads and cant find it. 

10 minutes ago, Robtaylor200 said:

So I down loaded a film to try it out, all is fine. But I cant actually find out where it has gone. I have explored my Downloads and cant find it. 

Are you looking in the actual App? 

There should be a Downloads section in the app where the film will go.

Once you've watched it it may auto delete though (I think there are settings you can change to stop that)

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, villa4europe said:

usually works for me if switch the phone to airplane mode

• Like 1

Â