2018/19 Season Review, the Emotional Journey & behind the scenes.

MaVilla

Just now, TheStagMan said:

Seems tonbe a bit of speculation in that piece, nothing that has hasnt been speculated in the press. Do we know for example that we were in for Henry?

Havent seen anything, I was under the impression smith was actually first choice.

But I have no idea tbh.

Regardless if Henry and Rodgers were approached, I'm glad we didn't get them.

• Like 2

Yeah, me too. Just seems to me that the article above is a regurgitation of the speculation at the time. No breaking news or insider insights there. This journalism malarky must be really easy nowadays.

If the financial stuff is true, then it’s pretty damning. I must admit that I was wondering if some of the vitriol against Xia was over the top, but borrowing against the parachute payments and leveraging our assets for a one off run at the big time is an unsustainable s**tstain worthy of our sponsors.

It was on the Villa View podcast where they were saying this has felt like three separate seasons rolled into one. They’re not wrong. That Preston game at Villa Park seems like a lifetime ago.

It was the Saturday when we played Sheffield Wednesday that made me really start to believe this was swinging in our favour.

Losing away to our former manager, getting back in the game, conceding a penalty only for Steer to save it.

Meanwhile Bristol City beating Wigan, Derby leading 3-2 in a topsy turvy game away at Brentford. I think at that point we would have been out of the play offs having played a game more.

Then the final 5-10 minutes, everything just seemed to go right for us. I can’t think of many occasions when multiple results have turned in our favour in such a short space of time.

I know others will have equally valid moments they will point to, but it was then that it felt different for me. Like it was all aligning for us.

The 18/19 season has been one to remember.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Â