Nuneaton 'hostage situation'

Dr_Pangloss

Man with sawn-off shotgun takes hostages at Nuneaton bowling alley

Warwickshire Police have confirmed they are dealing with an 'ongoing incident' at Bermuda Park, and called for people to steer clear.

Witnesses have claimed that man is armed with a sawn-off shotgun.

One man has tweeted: "Odeon Cinema in Nuneaton, Warwickshire on lockdown man inside has taken hostages. Police have closed the area."

According to eye-witness Dean Rogers, access to the site has been blocked by police and there are up to 30 armed officers at the scene.

All roads into Bermuda Park have been blocked by police, according to reports on Twitter.

The neighbouring soft play centre is on lockdown as well.

Another eye-witness Geoff Barkeley was at the cinema watching Blade Runner along with his family when the lights went out and staff moved the audience to another screen.

Warwickshire Police tweeted: “Officers are currently dealing with an ongoing incident at Bermuda Park, #Nuneaton. Please avoid the area.”

Another witness said on Twitter that a both a police helicopter and air ambulance were circling in the air above the venue.

Visitor Lloyd Weightman, who was with his two sons, told the Coventry Telegraph he saw a man with a shotgun at the bowling alley, who told him to "get the f*** out".

Bermuda Park is an out of town leisure park with an Odean cinema, children’s soft play centre, Nuffield Health gym, Holiday Inn hotel and pubs and restaurants.

The park is two miles south of Nuneaton town centre just a stones throw from the M6 in the Midlands.

One witness to events wrote on Twitter: “I can see the police helicopter yeah I think they've locked people in the Odeon cinema I was on about going there today to watch the new Snowman thriller film ! Heard guys taken hostages in the bowling place and police have blocked all roads from Bedworth into Nuneaton.”

Twitter user Laura tweeted: "All roads into bermuda are blocked by police. Just happened as we drove past 5 mins ago. Helicopter above."

Gary Cockerill tweeted: "Apparently man armed with sawn off taken hostages in bowling alley".

Replying to Warwickshire Police's post about the "ongoing incident" on Twitter, Paul Edgington said: "I'm stuck in the cinema. Are we safe? How long are we expected to be locked down?"

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/869684/nuneaton-bowling-alley-odeon-hostages-shotgun-gun-warwickshire

About 5 minutes from my house. I'm going with a dad not allowed to see kids narrative, based on absolutely nothing. 

It's very telling that Sky news are using the same 5 seconds of footage on a loop. I suspect the conversation went something like, 'can we get a chopper out there?', 'where is it?', 'Nuneaton.', 'errr no.'

9 minutes ago, hogso said:

About 5 minutes from my house. I'm going with a dad not allowed to see kids narrative, based on absolutely nothing. 

It's very telling that Sky news are using the same 5 seconds of footage on a loop. I suspect the conversation went something like, 'can we get a chopper out there?', 'where is it?', 'Nuneaton.', 'errr no.'

The chopper would get robbed, so I don't blame them.

• Sad 1

Â