Tax pay on two jobs

Dodgyknees

I’ve recently taken on a second job, and dropped a day on my other job. I am now working 4 days one job and 3 the other.

Is there a good way of balancing my tax onto one job, is this possible?

also, I know we have a personal allowance of 11,000, but I am wondering how much more I will get taxed due to a second job. 

Can anybody advise?

I would imagine you would have your tax free allowance on the one job and be fully taxed on the complete amount in the second job? That's how it worked with my Dad when he was drawing a private pension while still working another job. 

3 hours ago, Dick said:

I’ve recently taken on a second job, and dropped a day on my other job. I am now working 4 days one job and 3 the other.

Is there a good way of balancing my tax onto one job, is this possible?

also, I know we have a personal allowance of 11,000, but I am wondering how much more I will get taxed due to a second job. 

Can anybody advise?

You can either have your tax allowance of one job or spit between the two, ultimately it won’t make a great deal of difference.

either way, definitely let the tax people know about it. A few years ago I was working two part time jobs and forgot about that element of it as both the jobs were low paid and so didn't get much tax if any individually and then got hit with a £900 underpaid tax bill one october :o. So, I'd rather get ahead of stuff like that!

Â