Adverts have returned?

dont_do_it_doug.

Question

I'm fairly sure I selected a monthly subscription following the issues with paypal a few weeks ago, yet advertisements seem to have returned? 

Has my subscription been cancelled again? 

Edit - I see the subscription structure has changed. What do I need to donate to in order to remove adverts as well as access to any other benefits? This is no longer clear. Can you simplify Simon? 

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

14 answers to this question

It's not been one payment for both for many years; I think this changed when we went to the new software. It might be best to not ask any further questions if you were getting extras before :)

An invoice was generated to renew your subscription on 23/02/17 at 14:41. That invoice expired today. I'm going to guess that your email provider is blocking emails from VillaTalk's email server for their own specious reasons (eg this happens regularly with hotmail). If you want to pay monthly and your mail provider is blocking the reminder emails, you'll have to remember to go to the store each month to pay the invoice. If you let Stripe remember your card details, it'll be just a click.

Sorry that there isn't more I can do.

Just now, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Oh so the payment is not automated? That's what I assumed. 

Makes sense now. Thanks. 

No. I'd have to be doing a LOT more transactions to be able to have CCAs. Paypal might sort their crap out at some point though.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Paid. 

I went for the yearly option instead as having to remember to click a button to renew via an email I might get in the middle of the day every month when I'm in a meeting is genuinely beyond me. 

Thanks. My evil plan is working :twisted:

• Like 2
19 hours ago, limpid said:

It's not been one payment for both for many years; I think this changed when we went to the new software. It might be best to not ask any further questions if you were getting extras before

I think mine went a bit 'funny' recently. But then I don't think I ever donated enough to have the level of privilege I was somehow getting.

I'm described as 'full member' but I'm getting adverts and can't see what you're all saying about me in the clearing...

Not a big deal, I'll sort it out one day some day when I get around to it.

perhaps full member is just less of a complimentary term than I'd presumed...

2 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

I'm described as 'full member' but I'm getting adverts and can't see what you're all saying about me in the clearing...

Just as well... 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

I think mine went a bit 'funny' recently. But then I don't think I ever donated enough to have the level of privilege I was somehow getting.

Not a big deal, I'll sort it out one day some day when I get around to it.

perhaps full member is just less of a complimentary term than I'd presumed...

Weirdly, mine now says 'Advert Free' whereas before it said 'Full Member'. 

Â