• Broncos
    • Buccaneers
    • Titans
    • Redskins
    • Ravens
    • Saints
    • Panthers
    • Jaguars

If the Browns can get Cousins as QB then pick up Barkley and Chubb/Fitzpatrick with their 2 first round picks then next year could be interesting. 

18 hours ago, Xela said:

If the Browns can get Cousins as QB then pick up Barkley and Chubb/Fitzpatrick with their 2 first round picks then next year could be interesting. 

If they are smart they will take Barkley at 1 and a QB at 4 .

13 hours ago, abdomlahor said:

taking a running back number one overall is the complete opposite of smart :P

It is in this draft. If you can't see why then you haven't been paying attention.  

4 of the 6 good QB's will be there at 4 (possibly all 6) but There's only one Barkley.

16 hours ago, abdomlahor said:

taking a running back number one overall is the complete opposite of smart :P

I think Barkley is a game-changer. If Browns get Cousins then why take a QB with 1 pick? There are enough decent ones out to take one at 4 - you may even get Darnold at 4 if the Giants pick Rosen. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Brumerican said:

It is in this draft. If you can't see why then you haven't been paying attention.  

4 of the 6 good QB's will be there at 4 (possibly all 6) but There's only one Barkley.

i'm well aware of how good barkley is, but a running back alone doesn't change the fortunes of a team. you can get by with a committee. picking him over rosen, darnold or mayfield would be foolish. the top two quarterbacks will probably be gone by four. the giants will surely pick one, and if we end up trading the pick, the team we trade with will too. indy is also actively shopping their pick and with so many teams desperate for a quarterback, they won't be any shortage of offers. 

6 hours ago, Xela said:

I think Barkley is a game-changer. If Browns get Cousins then why take a QB with 1 pick? There are enough decent ones out to take one at 4 - you may even get Darnold at 4 if the Giants pick Rosen. 

I'd rather have an elite corner or pass rusher than an elite running back. if they get cousins, then yeah, maybe i would be more tempted. but only if i didn't like any of the offers to move out of number one. 

just look at the top two players who were up for offensive rookie of the year and overall rookie of the year. kareem hunt and alvin kamara were both third rounders. before them, jay ajayi and jordan howard were 5th rounders. even leveon bell and lesean mccoy were second rounders.

I think spending a premium pick on a running back is something that only makes sense if all the other important positions on the team are in good shape. the cowboys and jags doing it made sense because their teams were in that position. the cowboys with their dominant offensive line, and the jags with their solid run blockers up front, and they also wanted their qb to throw it less. they also knew they had a dominant defence that wasn't going to concede many points.

Edited by abdomlahor

17 minutes ago, abdomlahor said:

picking him over rosen, darnold or mayfield would be foolish. the top two quarterbacks will probably be gone by four.

They are guaranteed one of those 3 though .Which is my point.

Barkley will make an instant impact but he won't get past the Colts.

Out of curiosity ,who are the top 2 QB's ?

The way I see it , Cleveland have just as good a chance at nabbing the best QB at 4 as they do at 1 . They only have one shot at Barkley though.

i think there was much more to a team going from 3-13 to making the championship game than drafting fournette.

1. firing gus bradley
  2. hiring doug marrone
  3. signing calais campbell
  4. signing AJ bouye
  5. the emergence of jalen ramsey and yannick ngakoue as elite and very good players at their position respectively

as i said, the fournette pick was justified because they had everything set up around him.

1 minute ago, abdomlahor said:

i think there was much more to a team going from 3-13 to making the championship game than drafting fournette.

1. firing gus bradley
  2. hiring doug marrone
  3. signing calais campbell
  4. signing AJ bouye
  5. the emergence of jalen ramsey and yannick ngakoue as elite and very good players at their position respectively

as i said, the fournette pick was justified because they had everything set up around him.

Fournette was our offense . Without him we would have been 8-8

Look at it another way . Lets just say you think Rosen and Darnold  are the 2 best. OK , they go 2 and 3.  At 4 you will still have Mayfield an Allen who are my 2 best FWIW. 

Which would produce more wins for Cleveland ?

Mayfield or Allen with Barkley opening up the field .

Or.

Darnold or Rosen with Crowell.

1 minute ago, Brumerican said:

They are guaranteed one of those 3 though .Which is my point.

Barkley will make an instant impact but he won't get past the Colts.

Out of curiosity ,who are the top 2 QB's ?

The way I see it , Cleveland have just as good a chance at nabbing the best QB at 4 as they do at 1 . They only have one shot at Barkley though.

fair enough. i just think the browns have come off of a 16 loss season. why skimp out and risk missing out on their favourite quarterback? the new gm is going to want his guy. they can't have another carson wentz situation.

for me the top two are rosen and darnold. with mayfield, you dont see many qbs his size work out in the nfl. you get one every now and then like brees and wilson, but it would be a risky pick. tbh i put him on that list because i've heard the browns like him a lot, so if they really do like him that much it would obviously be stupid to pass on him. same could be said for josh allen.

3 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

Fournette was our offense . Without him we would have been 8-8

Look at it another way . Lets just say you think Rosen and Darnold  are the 2 best. OK , they go 2 and 3.  At 4 you will still have Mayfield an Allen who are my 2 best FWIW. 

Which would produce more wins for Cleveland ?

Mayfield or Allen with Barkley opening up the field .

Or.

Darnold or Rosen with Crowell.

if i'm john dorsey and i think that josh rosen is the best quarterback in the draft, i'm taking him. i'm not settling for someone i don't like as much, or don't have as much faith in.

if i don't like crowell, i'll just take ronald jones, sony michel or nick chubb in the second or third round.

Edited by abdomlahor

6 minutes ago, abdomlahor said:

if i'm john dorsey and i think that josh rosen is the best quarterback in the draft, i'm taking him. i'm not settling for someone i don't like as much, or don't have as much faith in.

if i don't like crowell, i'll just take ronald jones, sony michel or nick chubb in the second or third round.

Dorsey seems smart . 

He'll take Barkley.

Â