2016 All Ireland Hurling Final on Sky Sports Mix & 3

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

Not much else on with the international break, this is worth watching if anyone is bored today. Throw in is at 3:30pm(coverage starts earlier obviously) and the teams are Kilkenny and Tipperary. Kilkenny win almost every year, Tipperary win most years they don't, nobody really likes either of them but it should be a cracking game of hurling played in front of 83,500 people.

It could also be the last game of hurling shown on Sky as the TV rights are up for renegotiation once again.

I'm not a big hurling fan by any stretch but I watched it.  I was up for Kilkenny but gotta say they got their arses handed to them by (as per the commentator...) one of the greatest demonstrations of hurling ever.  Top marks to Tipp.  They thoroughly deserved it.

I wanted to go into Roddy Bolands afterwards because I knew that was a Tipperary-owned pub.  We didn't go in the end.  I found out the next day that the Tipp team were in there having a party :(

ahh, does this mean I can go strutting around in this nylon bad boy again:

CrrkJsSWYAQKCdc.jpg

yeah, supported them for years, this top must be, I guess, 15 years old?

(a few of us wore them briefly back in the day when we didn't want to buy the official yellow and blue Barry Town shirts and give money to the man)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mottaloo said:

Ah  yes, Meath. That hotbed county of hurling.

Now THAT deserves a :D

Yup christy ring cup winners after a replay, I moved up to Meath ....from Thurles   ..... so a win win I guess

Edited by Meath_Villan

Something must be rotten in Meath to be as bad as they've been for this long in both disciplines when you consider the resources at their disposal.  Third biggest (by population) county in Leinster and they're also-rans.  I suppose it gives them plenty of time to opine on the prospects of other counties though, eh? ;)

6 minutes ago, BOF said:

Something must be rotten in Meath to be as bad as they've been for this long in both disciplines when you consider the resources at their disposal.  Third biggest (by population) county in Leinster and they're also-rans.  I suppose it gives them plenty of time to opine on the prospects of other counties though, eh? ;)

They are bad, shockingly so but as with Tipperary in the football a lot of their players went abroad or up to the big smoke from 2008 onwards, I know the local club were able to fly one of those players back for a county final 3 years ago from Australia and send him off again (yet the GAA at local level never has money), other than that the players get cherry picked by the dubs who have a habit of moving players up to dublin and aiding them find jobs and housing 

2 minutes ago, BOF said:

But I thought you can't do that.  You can't just re-locate a player you fancy from elsewhere and have them turn out for their new county.

Thats the theory, Matt Cooper did a last word thing on it in recently enough, it goes on at local level as well ....Meaths own bad boy graham geraghty got a suspension for just moving clubs in the county without going via the proper route ..anyway I hope kerry hammer lumps of turf out of the dirty Dubs :D (cant see it tho)

Just now, Meath_Villan said:

Thats the theory, Matt Cooper did a last word thing on it in recently enough, it goes on at local level as well ....Meaths own bad boy graham geraghty got a suspension for just moving clubs in the county without going via the proper route ..anyway I hope kerry hammer lumps of turf out of the dirty Dubs :D (cant see it tho)

This is the Kerry who are already beaten (by Dublin) ? :lol:

It's Mayo.  And I hope it's a 7 goal thumping for everyone's favourite loser.  All this good will worldwide for 'Mayo for Sam'.  I hope it's a truly record-breaking wound-licking kicking they get.

Â