What are people's views on the James Beattie affair ?

allstar

Do you regret not signing JAMES BEATTIE ?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Do you regret not signing JAMES BEATTIE ?

• YES! We need him at Villa Par
    • NO! We are better off!

Would just like to see what other people think about the whole thing concerning James Beattie and his transfer to Everton instead of us.

He hasn't made an inpact at all, and being quite similar to Angel in terms of strengths and weaknesses, do you regret not signing him?

My pick a BIG NO! I think it is marvellous that he went to them, so we still have the money to buy a much better and speedier striker with a better ratio

when we didn't sign Beattie in the summer I was gutted but considering his performances up until the January transfer when he signed for Everton I was slightly relieved!

he certainly hasn't justified the £6m price tag since either and showed what a nob jockey he can be both on and off the pitch with the 'running headbutt' sending off and the bun chucking in the restaurant!

Still, we could have done with another striker this season with Vassells injuries, JPA's inconsistancy and Cole's non entity!

At the time, I wanted us to get Beattie, and who knows - he probably wouldn't have got the same injury here as he did there. I believe with him up front we would have scored more goals than we did since January (we could hardly have scored less), and considering we were less than a win away from Europe at times during the run-in, I can't help thinking that when we missed Beattie, we missed Europe. Hindsight can work both ways and I think losing him cost us a UEFA qualification spot. So I voted 'Yes'.

saviola, ashton, and dont think either would cost £6 mil....

possibly kezman too... alhtough the cost would be questionable...

its also debatable whether keane or baros are better finishers.. they are better players theres no doubt about that, but the finishing is debatable...

thats hilarious...

most fans on here were too busy putting down any possible deal with ashton because he wasnt good enough, proven, old enough, cost enough, etc etc....

very similar to the jagielka talk...

Really didnt know about Saviola his he not playing at barca how old is he now?

Ashton no chance Norwich has said nobody is leaving and they can afford the wages.

Kezman wants to go back to psv where he could finish :lol: better than drugbust though!

saviola has been on loan to monaco this term....

his old river links with angel may be a boost for us if we did look that way too... very technical player whos quick and skillful, but more importantly, he can finish...

i think hes 22 or 23 ish...

ashton may want to stay in prem, so he might be available, but he does show one thing that many dont, and thats loyalty.. so he might want to stay and improve them like he did crewe... if he does, norwich will be back up next term in my opinion...

kezman is an outside mention... doubt he would want to come to villa...

Saviola would be wicked good spot, Pab.

What i always wonder is does O'Leary know about these players! Or does he just think of the top of his head. Will he know all the bosmans all the potential unhappy players etc etc like on footy manager.

Very annoying if he doesnt, and we are talking about them :(

Â