Firefox Misbehaving?

Xann

R6g3oBj.jpg

Anyone else?

It's been crashing a bit recently. Then today it went a bit simple. Flushed caches etc. Reinstall, still looks like the above.

Thought it was the line, but no problems at the ISP and Safari is quite happy.

i've found Firefox so unstable the past few months that i've actully uninstalled it off my work PC , crashed on countless websites no matter what i did

Home PC was no better so stopped using it at home as well ( though ironicallly enough I've just used it to post this reply , though even then i got a plug in container error )

If you are using windows, to get a "very clean" uninstall and install, and you don't mind loosing all your Firefox data. Make sure these folders are deleted as well after uninstall is made.

%userprofile%\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla

%userprofile%\AppData\Local\Mozilla

Firefox is still fine on my Windows 7 work PC.

tbh I don't stretch the capabiliities of browsers, they mostly work and I don't really notice the speed differences.

Firefox edges it because it's not Microsoft, Apple or Google and doesn't report to its masters in quite the same way.

A little peeved that Noscript isn't available as a Safari extension, but pleasantly surprised at its power management.  

I spend most of winter in the bath, no plug in here.

• 3 weeks later...

I was getting lot's of crashes, freezes and such with firefox yesterday (chrome was working great)

I got it sorted by going to add-ons, clicking options on the Shockwave Flash plugin and then unchecking "Enable Adobe Flash Protected Mode"

Â