Google Inbox

Stevo985

Anyone get invited to use the beta of "Google Inbox" on Android devices?

I've tried it. Can't really see what the point of it is to be honest! Am I missing something obvious?

Anyone get invited to use the beta of "Google Inbox" on Android devices?

I've tried it. Can't really see what the point of it is to be honest! Am I missing something obvious?

Agreed. Had it for a week, and I've just uninstalled it. Adds nothing to regular Google Mail.
  • Like 1

The only thing it seems to add is a "done" button. So when you've read an email you click done and it chucks it into a folder marked "done" (which you can't seem to find on regular GMail so God knows where it ends up)

So not really any different to just putting it in a normal folder, which is what I tend to do anyway.

yep - quite like it.

slightly alarming to the extent google (via android) controls my life. Google now reads my emails and tells me to pay bills. Tells me how to get to and from work, tells me that on saturdays I go to the horsey supplies place and how long it'll take to get there. None of which I've asked it to do. 

I've been using it for about a year, both on Android and iOS.  I like it. 

What advantages does it have over just normal GMail?

(not a facetious question :) I'm genuinely interested. I'm probably missing the benefits)

Edited by Stevo985

I like it. I like how you can pin and snooze emails with different swipes, it'll preview certain emails within your inbox which I like. You can set reminders related to emails which again is quite useful. 

Had it ages ago and because I dont clear out my inbox it completely buggered everything up as it tries to get you down to zero emails in there.

Uninstalled it and spent 2 days getting my gmail back how I wanted it.

Â