Wearables: general chat

limpid

Inqgine having to go having to go to a Pebble store 

You're quite right. But I've never needed to. They make products which are fit for purpose.

Pebble could instead charge an extortionate price to cover the fact that they'll need to replace their devices due to inherent faults and still get their customers trying to justify the unjustifiable. I guess you live near an Apple store?

Like I said, clever buggers.

But I have never been to an Apple store (for other reasons) either? The only time was when my bag with Ipod in was knocked into a river and it wouldn't boot properly. I have never had to visit an Apple store because it's not fit for purpose.

As for Pebble, it's a cracking watch but not quite what I need.

Found this too :)

Edited by DK82

So you've found someone else who can do post purchase rationalisation. I'm not saying it's not waterproof, I'm saying Apple use it as an excuse when things go wrong.

But man that's an ugly watch in that video. Nearly as ugly as a Pebble. And you have to wipe the screen before you can use it? And change the band before it gets wet? Wow.

Clever buggers.

I'm still yet to see a single thing on a smart watch that's made me think "I'd like one of those"

[/pointless post]

Yeah I actually get that, I know loads of people who can't see the fuss and would rather just have a regular watch and then manually check their phone.

• 1 month later...
Samsung Gear s2 ordered, bit of an impulse buy I'm not gonna lie.

First impressions, very good, so simple to use its unreal, love the interface and the jog wheel. Can't find away to make calls off it, it seems to only link to the phone but there are few occasions I would want to make a call where I can't use a phone anyway

On 16 December 2015 at 10:12, DK82 said:

Still loving my Apple Watch. And the battery life isn't too bad at all, compared to suggestions. I can get 3+ out of it regularly. 

Seen one yesterday in JL down to £249 with 2 year guarantee 

Edited by Kingman

I do have to say that my Moto 360 is one of the best $0.99 (with free shipping) I've ever spent.

(back in June AT&T were offering a 360 for $0.99 with free shipping if you got a Moto X (2014)... no contract beyond paying $22.80/month for the phone)

Â