Wearables: general chat

limpid

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The reason I'm hesitating is the price. That's a lot for a first kickstarter.

The video does have a message throughout explaining that this is just a prototype and the finished design will not look like this.

• Like 1

My friend has been using his Apple Watch for a few weeks, he can get just over a day out of his and that'll be fine for me. I will use it for fitness, interacting with my phone, gathering info instead of reaching for the phone - which is a little less than he does with his for the 24 hours - so it'll be perfect for me. If Pebble Time was more set in with IOS, the choice would have been a lot harder. The fact is, I have a mac, Ipad, Iphone and now an Apple Watch, so it just made a little more sense.

It's over 30 years since I owned a watch which wasn't waterproof. I guess it's so that Apple can blame that for anything which goes wrong and make everything the buyer's fault. And people still keep giving them money.

Clever buggers.

The last time I had a problem with water damage and an apple product, they replaced the item on the spot - so I am not bothered about that. 

I suspect you had the inconvenience of having a failed product and having to make a trip to their premises at further expense to you and yet you see it as a positive.

Clever buggers.

Â