Thread for Transfer Suggestions

JohnCresswell

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he's like Berger - mainly a playmaker but will play on the wings if needed

which Berger is this then as the one I see plays left side of midfield and will occasionally drift in

RUMOUR from TEAMtalk:

Wigan will be forced to sell crown jewels Jimmy Bullard and Nathan Ellington if the Latics pair fail to agree new contract terms.

Boss Paul Jewell's preparations for the club's first season in the Premiership are tough enough as he is struggling to attract top-quality players to the JJB Stadium.

But of equal concern to him will be the fact that both Ellington and Bullard - who were pivotal in Wigan's promotion campaign - have only 12 months remaining on their current deals.

Latics are in talks with both players' agents - but the fact they are at loggerheads will alert the likes of Birmingham, Blackburn, Aston Villa and Everton, who are all looking to bolster their squads and have money to spend this summer.

Blues boss Steve Bruce has been a long-time admirer of Bullard, but would face stiff competition from Villa, as David O'Leary wants to add a goalscoring central midfielder to his playing staff.

Everton would also be in the hunt, as David Moyes proved with the signing of Tim Cahill from Millwall that he has the ability to turn the likes of Bullard into a Premiership star.

Ellington would be of more interest to Blackburn, who despite landing Shefki Kuqi from Ipswich want to further strengthen their strikeforce, and have also been linked with Benni McCarthy and former star Andy Cole.

Ellington was Wigan's leading scorer with 24 goals last term and said: "My agent is speaking to Wigan, and I'm confident everything will be sorted out soon. I've a year left on my contract."

Bullard, meanwhile, is seen as crucial in Wigan's survival bid in their debut Premiership campaign next season.

"We are talking to Jimmy about a new deal," said Jewell. "He will be a key player for us next season. He played every game for us last term and we've no intention of selling Jimmy Bullard to anybody."

We seemed to be linked with every championship player wanting to move to the premiership.

Free transfer targets Luis Figo and Christian Vieri would get us up where we belong...so David O´Leary...make a real crunching coup here!

They still have a lot to give the club they signs for and I would love them at VP thats for sure! Not only because their own capability...but for what it gives Villa in comercial aspects...both football wise as business wise!

Well...I keep dreaming...but someday I´ll hit it just right... :winkold:

ah well that links him - so it's the other thread and yes I've heard of him as he played pretty well for the Aussies in a recent game I'm sure, and he was involved when FC Basle played Liverplop too

I'd be more inclined to go for Baros than Viduka!

Why?

Baros has speed, is a harrier in style, not a target man, and rarely gets involved with aggressive defences.

Not too disimilar from Vassel and/or Angel really.

Viduka on the other hand is a fetcher and carrier, a target man, a shot taker and a bustler. Do we have anything like that, I don't think so.

I said last year we should have beaten Boro to his signature, he's like Barry, underated by his own fans, yet highly rated by most coaches.

The agent of Louis Saha has told skysports.com that several clubs have enquired about his client but that he is content at Old Trafford.

Saha has been the subject of much speculation of late having played second fiddle to Ruud van Nistelrooy and Wayne Rooney for much of last season - in a campaign blighted by injury.

United chief Sir Alex Ferguson has always expressed an utmost faith in the pacey Frenchman and it is such assurances that have convinced the player that he has a long-term future in Manchester.

Saha's agent, Ranko Stojic, has confirmed that the player has decided to fight for a first team berth and will only seek a move should United add a further striker to their ranks.

''After the reassurances from Mr Ferguson it is 90 percent sure that Saha will stay in Manchester,'' Stojic told skysports.com.

''It is also his wish to try to prove himself. The only option under which we would press for his leaving would be if Manchester buys another world class attacker.

''Michael Owen for example and in the same time van Nistelrooy stays at the club.

''Then, with Rooney in the team, Saha stands as a fourth option - which is unacceptable for us.

''But before Saha left on a vacation we had a meeting with Mr Ferguson concerning his future plans.

''As he told us, he values him very much and would like Saha to stay at Manchester - underlining that he is still very much in his plans for next season.''

Stojic continued to confirm that a quartet of clubs had enquired about Saha's services - including two from The Premiership.

Long term suitors Newcastle and Everton both remain interested but for the moment, it seems likely that he will remain at United.

''It is true that there was big interest from several clubs for Saha,'' continued Stojic.

''Everton, Newcastle, I got calls from Monaco, Marseille but my answer is no - he stays at Manchester.

''The most important thing for him is the meeting with Ferguson. He has extremely good relations with him and Alex likes Saha as his son.

''Their relationship is very sincere, so Alex would certainly have told us, 'look, I cannot guarantee that you will play much next season.'

''Saha trusts Alex very much. So our decision is based on that very constructive meeting with Ferguson.

''The only thing that would make us change that decision is if as previously mentioned a world class attacker comes and van Nistelrooy stays.''

Could be us...could be us...

Has anyone mentioned the possibility of Jon Dahl Tomasson. If Milan keep Crespo that will leave them with Crespo, Shevchenko, Vieri (now that he has signed) and Tomasson. Surely he cant be happy with that. £6 million? Who knows! but he will know Tommy and Laursen well and surely we could sign him on the quiet!!!!