Bloodborne

Ginko

Why am I struggling with the shadows of yarnham? Seen lots of vids of people doing it no problem.  I'll do it today though!

Also I can now do the chalice dungeons.  Is it worth doing them before completing the game? They're randomly generated from what I gather,  but is the loot helpful for the main game?

30 minutes ago, dubbs said:

Why am I struggling with the shadows of yarnham? Seen lots of vids of people doing it no problem.  I'll do it today though!

Also I can now do the chalice dungeons.  Is it worth doing them before completing the game? They're randomly generated from what I gather,  but is the loot helpful for the main game?

Shadows is all about movement. You want to use the arena to separate them so you are only fighting one at a time, and also to put cover between you and the mage. You want to focus on one Shadow at a time. I generally try to see if I can trap one of them against the wall and just hammer them as much as I can before the others swarm again.

They're also all parryable. The aggressive sword one is particularly good to parry.

As for the chalice dungeons...There are some 'fixed' dungeons that have some bosses that are canon to the story, but one of those dungeons (the one that caused me to give up on the dungeons and the one I'm currently struggling with...) is so annoying I'm not sure it's worth it. They are good sources of echoes and gems, so I wouldn't rule out doing them, just don't be too concerned if you drop them.

• Thanks 1

I'd forgotten how much of a Lovecraft fans wet dream this game is. The design work is incredible.

I'm sure even the old racist genius himself would have been impressed.

• Like 1

@Chindie I'm at the point where I'm near the final boss. 

Would you recommend doing the DLC before or after? Or does it even give you the option by taking you directly to NG+?

Edited by Designer1

25 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

Would you recommend doing the DLC before or after? Or does it even give you the option by taking you directly to NG+?

I'd advise doing the DLC before the final boss as the game will throw you into NG+ after beating him.  

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

Do it now.

If you take on the final boss your sent straight to new game and then need to pay through to Amelia again before the DLC can be accessed.

The DLC is great, and a decent challenge - all of my hardest bosses are in it. And I just remembered I actually missed one in my first run.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Designer1 said:

Ludwig down...by a gnats cock.

With special thanks to Valtyr who did a lovely tanking job on the vicious bastard.

Talk to his head while wearing cleric gear...

So I'd tried using the suggested tactic of staying under Darkbeast Paarl and get killed every time.  Switched up my plan and this happened:

• Like 3

Orphan of Kos down. Ties for hardest boss in the game with Ludwig for me. The **** is relentless.

Just the optional boss on the DLC to go and I can get on with finishing up.

• Like 2

And all done.

Utterly superb game and I'm a little annoyed with myself that when I finished it the first time I had missed out so much content.

Definitely up there with the best PS4 games ever. Pretty much a masterpiece.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

The 'Honouring Wishes' one.

Nice. That's one of the endings I've not done yet I think... I specifically set about getting the secret ending on my original playthrough. Probably will get it on this run.

• Like 1

Any tips for martyr logarius guys? Must have had at least a dozen goes as this one.   Frustrating to say the least!  Really want to continue playing but going to walk away soon 😠

Logarius is my favourite fight in the game.

In the first phase hit and run, do not get greedy. Use the environment to help defensively, the pitch of the roof can help shield you. Dodge through the little skulls. You want to hit and run, if you stand on him for too long he'll **** you. You can also get visceral attacks on him, from behind, but that's never been a technique I've used on him. When he slams his sword into the ground attack the sword as soon as possible, it prevents him buffing. In the last phase he's quite parryable.

It also should be remembered it's an optional fight, so don't feel like you can't progress without doing it. Come back to it when you've levelled a bit.

• Thanks 1

Cheers bud.  I've been trying to follow a walkthrough on YouTube and this guy had such an easy battle with him.  I thought it was optional and I've been tempted to skip it for now but wasn't sure if it would dramatically affect the story. 

Â